Comments on Rekluse for MX only!

Can anyone give an opinion on how the Rekluse is for MX only? Every thread drifts into how great it is for hillclimbing. I ride MX only. And if all you have to say is anyone who has an autoclutch is a p*ssy, I will find you and choke you out. I would like to hear advantages and disadvantages for MX...not trail riding please.

Thanks,

I've been running a Rekluse on my YZ450 since June. I ride 80-90% MX. Like you I wasn't too sure how I would like the Rekluse for MX. I couldn't find any negative reports so I took a chance and got one. Man am I glad I did. This thing is like cheating. It's that good. Anyway, here's my impression of the Rekluse for MX.

Pros:

1. Less fatigue. I guess pulling in that clutch lever all the time was a pretty big factor in my arm pump. With the Rekluse I can go fast for much longer without fatigue. This really helps at the end of motos.

2. Perfect clutch feathering. I love how this thing feathers the clutch so seamlessly. It really cuts down on wheelspin. The bike just hooks up and rips. Just keep 'er in the right gear and the Rekluse will take care of the rest.

3. No stalling. I can come into a corner really hot and just lock em up without fear of stalling. It's also really nice for those really tight/slow corners. Also works great for not stalling in panic-stop situations or when you break tap in the air.

Cons:

1. No manual clutch. Sometimes you want to grab the clutch to get your R's up. If you don't get the perch mount adjuster you can't do this. Of course if you spring for the perch adjuster youi will still have a clutch lever and this won't even be an issue.

That's about it. Personally I'll never own a bike without one again.

I was wondering about the pros using them too all controversy aside the incidents Alessi has been involved with have left him having trouble starting his bike could something like a recluse with the with the clutch lever override be used as an antistall device?

I posted the link as it had names attached to it. Call it what you want, but it's doesnt function like a normal clutch.

These clutches are in no way comparable to auto clutches, and yes of course they don't function like a standard clutch.

:banghead:

Just the fact that you're talking about using an automatic clutch for MX racing tells me how serious you are. Its not designed for Motocross, thats what I'm going to say.

You say this like the Rekluse is some kind of disadvantage in MX. If there is a disadvantage I'd like to know what it is. Please explain. I ride almost exclusively MX and I've yet to find any significant disadvantage. On the other hand I've found all kinds of great advantages. I'm far from the only one who's thinks this. Ask pretty much anyone who's ever got one.