Sign in to follow this  

help!! 06 crf250r bog cant get right jetting

i got a couple 06 crf250rs and i cant get the jetting right so they dont bog on g outs or landings.I have tried all kinds of different jetting specs ,wired the accelerator pump and also put a quickshot on there and still doing the same thing .I then put a 05 carb on and change the jetting spec from lastyear and it was better than the new carb but i dont want to keep that one on .Any help would be appeciated

Never could get rid of the problem on my 05 CRF450. The power shot seemed to help a bit, but it was alway there.

I talked to a guy the other day who was having the same problem. He tried switching to an '05 carb (smaller bore) and still didn't stop the problem. He was going to try switching out the head to an '05 also but I haven't heard back from him yet. He seems to think that the difference in the cam and porting on the '06 is part of the problem.

I have an '06 R as well and have 3 rides on it so far. I think half the problem with the bog issue is because it has so much zing that it's easy to forget that I'm actually on a 4 stroke and not a 2 stroke. Most all 4 strokes that I have ridden in the past I needed to roll the throttle on instead of just grippin' and rippin' like a 2 stroke. When I'm on my new "R" it performs alot like a 2 stroke as far as the zip it has with the low end and mid range power and I forget that it won't have as much snap while in the real low rpm range. I'm thinking of going up a tooth on the rear sprocket as 1st is a little too tall in tight woods. There is a definite bog but if it does bog it recovers quickly when I release the throttle and twist it again right away. I saw someone on here saying that Dirt Rider said they were able to eliminate the bog by rejetting but the article clearly stated that they "weren't" able to eliminate the bog by rejetting....

Bog or no bog the bike rocks and is the nicest off road vehicle I have ever ridden and I've had 36 solid years of seat time on a ton of different models and different manufacturers. I love it!! :banghead:

Bog or no bog the bike rocks and is the nicest off road vehicle I have ever ridden and I've had 36 solid years of seat time on a ton of different models and different manufacturers. I love it!! :banghead:

Here here

:banghead:

Liquor

Adj the acc pump was ticket on my 05, mine needed about one turn from stk position. Race gas works well also, the quality of pump gas seems to be very inconsistant in my area.

im at sea level area. i read the article in mx action i went 170 on the main (172 )stock ,42 on the pilot(40)stock ,nhgt on the needle (nhfs) stock,50 leak jet (55) is stock, clip is third from top fuel screw is 1-1/2,(2) is stock it works fine no bog, this is with stock header pipe and mufflers.

now i installed a megabomb ti with 4.1 carbon fiber mufflers and i need help with jetting should i go with the jd kit and should i also get the r&d adj.leak jet ap. cover thanks