Sign in to follow this  

250X issues?

Pardon me if this has been coverred a billion times before. I am looking at getting a new 05 250X and am wanting to find out what issues I may encounter. I hear this is a HIGH maintenance bike. Anyone willing to tell me the + and - of this bike? It looks killer, and I know it's fast. I don't want to have to tear the bike down after every other ride. Should I be looking at a WR250 instead? Thanks in advance.

Flux out.

If you seek, it will come. So many topics already covered, too many to list. Have fun searching. Love mine by the way with zero problems to date.

I have no complaints about mine, it has done me very well this past season in my Harescramble series. I am hooked on this thing, now I just need to spend money on bling! Got all winter after this next race.

Sounds good so far...I posted pretty much the same topic in the WR forum, I am trying to decide b/twn the two. Any comparisons?

If you don't want to turn a wrench get the WR.

I love my X but I hate my valves. The odds are you will get a good X without the valve problem(most don't have the valve problem), but if you get one with the problem grab your wallet.

Both are great bikes, what ever bike you pick will be great.

Wouldn't warranty cover those valves? Seems like it is a hit or miss problem, and that Honda would want to protect their good name?

In the US, no warranty on the 250X since they're considered "competition" bikes. It may be different in your location though.. I think the WR has a short warranty (6 months?).

I love my X :banghead: No issues yet that weren't cause by me (crash :banghead: )

-Mike

Dittos - zero problems with mine so far other than a minor hesitation on full throttle snap (the dreaded bog). I've reject, put on a quick shot, and still its there a bit, although better. Its annoying but only comes into play very occasionally. All else is well - I love this bike!

look I will give you my opinion on the differences, first I would get a 06 as the seat material should have been changed hance the valve issue should be solved. the CRF is much better in the handling dpt, the powerband is more linear having real power down low and in mid range, the plastics hold up better. The Wr has proven to not have as much maintance, the engine needs some mods but most are free, not so with the CRF, the WR is more topheavy and does not handle as well. the power is stated to be better on the WR but it is mostly high RPMs, so not as good for trails, the plastics fade fast.

The 250X is a very nice bike, ready to ride right off the show room floor. No major mods needed. Excellent suspension, handling, low C.G. and simply awesome to ride on single track. You will not be disappointed. The 250X was Dirt Rider Magazines "bike of the year". Bike of the Year

I love my 250X and don't consider it high maintenace at all. Changing oil/filters and lubing the chain in normal. Every bike needs it done. Occasionally slip a feeler gauge in there, and it's all good. Piece-o-cake. :banghead: