Sign in to follow this  

WMR or Pro Circuit?

For recreational use only.. no racing.. interested in making the bike better than new.. although its in new condition now.. Would you guys go with Pro-Circuit or WMR? Although the bike starts perfect hot or cold, runs great now.. I figured if I keep it I might do some work on it.. and skip the 06.. the 04-05's really handle well.

Pro Circuit or WMR what? Valves, head work? Vague question. Personally I think either would be ok, but they are both grossly overpriced. I buy stock valves and get both the headwork and installation done at a local automotive machine shop that specializes in 5 angle valve jobs. Much cheaper than way and the work is awesome.

I'm just looking at findig the right place to refresh the top end, valves if needed, piston, etc. Going over the bike if I decide to keep it, although it has low hours, maybe just a waste of time & money.

I can do the piston replacement , but not the valve replacement.

If you can do a piston ya can do the valves, you just need the right tool.

Pro Circuit or WMR what? Valves, head work? Vague question. Personally I think either would be ok, but they are both grossly overpriced. I buy stock valves and get both the headwork and installation done at a local automotive machine shop that specializes in 5 angle valve jobs. Much cheaper than way and the work is awesome.

I went to WMR and I'm very happy. I didn't think they were over priced for what I got, their prices were less than PC across the board.

Both are awesome companies, but I think WMR gives you a little more personal attention because they are not as big as PC.

try eric gorr's forward motion, www.ericgorr.com. he is usually reasonably priced and is very knowledgable, i have heard nothing but good things about him.

Valves are very easy, I did it in one try. Some people make it out to sound very hard but it is very simple, I replaced all my valves in under 20 minutes, putting the bike back together is the part that takes forever. All you simple do is compress the valve spring and let the keepers fall out and the valve slides right out. To put them back in I use a clamp and a piece of PVC with a slot in the side, no need to waste money on the expensive tools that do the same thing. Just push the keepers in to place and release the pressure, sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right. Make sure you use a clamp with a soft rubber end DON'T MESS UP THE HEAD. Take your time, it is easy but don't rush.