Sign in to follow this  

Twin Piper

I hope Big Red didn't go gay with the twin pipes on the 450. We want to lose weight, not add more bullk and crap. I wish the Japs could stop playing copy cat for a minute. They did have an original idea once though, it was called Pearl Harbor!!

Stumpy :banghead:

Don't forget, they kicked your ass in the Phillipines right after that, too. Catching the USA with its pants down isn't really that original an idea. And no, the 450 isn't twin piped - where have you been hiding?

I hope Big Red didn't go gay with the twin pipes on the 450. We want to lose weight, not add more bullk and crap. I wish the Japs could stop playing copy cat for a minute. They did have an original idea once though, it was called Pearl Harbor!!

1. You do not have any clue as to what you're blabbing about.

2. So shut up. :banghead:

No clue huh? I know what filter down means and it's only a matter of time. Think Honda won't do it? Look at the street bikes. It took 3 years, but to much chagrin, it finally happened. When they do go to twin pipies, remember that I don't know crap!

Where would the canadians be without the US? Their whole army could fit into one battleship.

I saw a twin pipe CRF 450 this weekend at Lake Elsinore MX. It looked like the one I saw in a mag a few months back. Kinda crazy looking on a dirt bike.

I heard all this crap before and it was about the idea that a four-stroke could be competitive against a two stroke in MX....

They say your mental health is measured by your ability to deal with change. The more reluctant you are, the less stable. :banghead:

Dual mufflers simply make sense. The idea takes the available space and makes use of it. The simple fact is, two mufflers are quieter than one. And when they can do that and only add 9 ounces of weight I say rock'n'roll...

I can tell you this for certain, Ryno's RMZ with dual mufflers was WAY quieter than anything else on the track. It was quiet to the point of being weird to watch come by.

I disagree with forcing race bikes at a National event to be quiet, but thats a different argument.

I can't wait to fork out 1400 bones for TWO slip-ons. :banghead::banghead:

Liquor

I can't wait to fork out 1400 bones for TWO slip-ons. :banghead::banghead:

Liquor

Call 911! Oh wait...I dont think White Bros or FMF or anybody else is going to have gun to your head...

If you dont like the price, dont buy the damn thing...

If people used thier heads thumper pipes wouldnt cost 800 bucks in the first place...

Call 911! Oh wait...I dont think White Bros or FMF or anybody else is going to have gun to your head...

If people used thier heads thumper pipes wouldnt cost 800 bucks in the first place...

I agree with that! It all comes down to how important those last two horsepower are (as if most of us ever use the first 50!), if you need to replace two pipes to have power that is quiet, so be it. Or choose one pipe and less power, I suppose. Something needs to change so we can keep tracks open - and save our hearing! :banghead:

Easy there... :banghead: I'm not whining, just making a comment on the cost of 4-Stroke pipes, that's all.

Liquor

You. Headfirst. Out the window now.

The whole underseat/twin pipe thing is getting out of hand on streetbikes these days, let alone dirtbikes. On a streetbike at least, it makes a little more sense - using the available space under the seat to tuck the exhaust up and out of the way allows for more cornering clearance. And it looks pretty sweet. However, seems pointless on a dirtbike where these aren't concerns. Either way, the prospect of shelling out anywhere from $600 to $1000 on a set of slip-ons just ain't cool. Don't even tell me how much full-systems are going to cost!

I wish the Japs could stop playing copy cat for a minute. They did have an original idea once though, it was called Pearl Harbor!!

I flew right over the top of this one the first time...

What the hell does Pearl Harbor have to with twin pipes?

If you recall, that whole Pearl Harbor decision didnt work out too good for the Japanese.

I wouldnt say they kicked anybodys ass that day... more like poked in the eye...it hurt and all, but dont over estimate or over state the damage there.

Hell, even the "Victorious" Japanese Admiral realized it was a huge mistake in the greater scheme of things...

Nagasaki, and Hiroshima....that was an ass kicking right there...

No clue huh? I know what filter down means and it's only a matter of time. Think Honda won't do it? Look at the street bikes. It took 3 years, but to much chagrin, it finally happened. When they do go to twin pipies, remember that I don't know crap!

I will, seeing all of the magazine's have already tested the '06 450R and photos of it have been out since JULY...and guess what? No dual-mufflers. Street bikes have nothing to do with dirtbikes.