Sign in to follow this  

Hello! I am a newbie to Thumpertalk!

Hello! Just thought I would introduce myself. Name is Bob and have just recently retired from road racing. Traded the race bike for a 99 Yamaha WR 400 and some cash. The WR has all mods made and is YZ timed. I live in the east coast and am just getting back into the woods. I used to do a fair bit of dirt riding (MX and enduros), but that was years ago (read as "decades"!)

Anyway, I look forward to gaining some new knowledge and meeting some like minded folks!

Welcome to TT! What part of MA are you in? My brother lives in Western MA, Great Barington. I've always wanted to rip some trails out there!

I live in south Central Mass and have been out in the west. Great riding out there! I will get a pic and insert in to my signature. The WR seems like a decent bike. It rips with the YZ timing! I am still getting used to it as well as getting it set up for me. I have been out of the dirt for quite some time. I did do some ice racing with an older XT! That was a gas. Got rid of the XT and am now ice racing a sidehack. I may put the WR on the ice this year.... not sure yet.

u must have balls if your road racing and are still alive, major road race seen over here, prob gonna be banned thou,,,too many people getting killed, local rider killed a month,,,not good..

anyway welcome to tt

welcome,

my story is nearly the same as yours, gave road racing up in the UK and in april 04 i got a 98Wr 400 with YZ timing and the supermoto wheels as well. Took the SM wheels off and went riding with a mate and NEVER put them back on. I found that riding dirt 20 years ago didn't help in the least and so learning all over again. Flogged the WR and got a 02 yz250f and LOVE it. Doing enduros now and contemplating MX, well you only live once. (You only die once which is just as well).

BTW 2 wheels DRZ is right, we were going to road race in ireland and they wouldn't have taken any entry money off us and would have put us up for free!

Nice name Chicago Style Hot Dog---what gives, you own a stand? I live in NW Indiana but was born in Chicago and go there about once a week. (work and GF) come ride out in the sticks with us sometime!