Sign in to follow this  

To send off suspension or not?

Hands down I know that sending the suspension off to a professional is one of the greatest things you can do for your riding experiences. Here's what I want some opinions on though.

I ride a 2002 WR 250f and its a fantastic trail bike. I want to start riding MX more and I know the bike can do it but here's what I am wondering; to get my suspension set up by Tech-Care in Waterford, MI it is about $400-500. They said they will get a happy medium between track and trail, but we all know you can't do both perfectly. I am 158lbs and still pretty much a newbie just so everyone knows.

I have been saving for a yz125 (track bike) and intend to spend about $2000 so you can figure about a 2000-2002 model year, so it isn't much. If this was your money though, would you spend the money on the suspension and not get the YZ125? I'm in college so its one or the other. I don't intend to race much, just bomb around the track.

Thanks.

Jeff

If you're a newbie a revalve probably won't benefit you much. That's for the fast guys. Save that $180 for something else and just go with fork and shock springs for your weight.

Since you seem happy with the WR on the trails, use the money toward the YZ. You will be happy have a trail bike and a track bike.