Sign in to follow this  

KTM525 06 Jetting

I have put around 200km on my new KTM and noticed a big flat spot in the bottom 1/3 of the throttle when it got to normal operating temp ( seemed not to bad up until then ). So I fitted a JD kit, Blue Needle #2, 170mj, as recommended by the Aussie Importer. It has moved the flat spot down to about 1/8th throttle, just when your poking through the tight stuff. I now have 500km on it

What would you suggest ?

Almost forgot the fuel consumption is heavy, about 1.5 ltrs more than another 525 04' each fill ( same speed, ability & size )

Altitude is 500ft-3000ft

Thank's

Pete

I'm having a similar problem with my 06 450 xc, so I am watching this closely. Otherwise the JD kit rocks, my 1/4 and up response is great.

Reg

seeing nobody has any suggestions I will try the Red needle on the 5 position and a 168 main

My riding elevations are typically from 2500 feet and higher. The JD red needle at clip #3 and 170 main are just about perfect, together with a one second accel. pump squirt. At your elevations, the red needle at clip #4 should be real close. :banghead:

i was hoping jd would chime in as i havent seen a 06 yet.

blue 2 to red 5 is a huge change.i would also reccomend red 3 as the poster above.

Burned/JD,

Is there a crossover point from the blue to the red needle? Example, blue with the clip in the top = red with the clip in #4? On my xc, the blue was still rich with the clip at the top, so I installed the red, clip is where the directions called it out for hot/humid conditions, I don't remember which groove. Also, have you guys seen any problems with Storm fuel screws? Mine just doesn't feel right, somtimes its really hard to turn, sometimes its really easy.... I gotta eliminate the screw as a problem before I can get the needle dialed in....

Reg

usually say a blue clip 3 would be the same clip as red clip 4 with red being leaner at small throttle openings.

not sure on your fuel screw.definately doesn sound right.

Looks like the Red Needle #4 with std pilot and 170 main with the Acc pump one turn less from standard seems to work best after a short test. I will need to ride it more to confirm.

I have an 06 525 exc. Does the JD kit work on the 06? I was told by a local dealership the carb is changed for 06 and there was not a JD kit out for it yet.

Just did some more adjustments. Here is wat I found

40 pj

172 mj

Red JD needle pos 4

AP .8 sec

AP Timing Adjustment screw fully out ( AP arm just touches screw Mount )

I now have no Flatspot. Before I adjusted the AP Timing screw it had a flatspot best described as a hickup.

I used a button on top of the AP diaphram to adjust. When I was happy with the thickness I got a mate to machine up an aluminum spacer the correct size & shape

Pete