KTM525 06 Jetting

I have put around 200km on my new KTM and noticed a big flat spot in the bottom 1/3 of the throttle when it got to normal operating temp ( seemed not to bad up until then ). So I fitted a JD kit, Blue Needle #2, 170mj, as recommended by the Aussie Importer. It has moved the flat spot down to about 1/8th throttle, just when your poking through the tight stuff. I now have 500km on it

What would you suggest ?

Almost forgot the fuel consumption is heavy, about 1.5 ltrs more than another 525 04' each fill ( same speed, ability & size )

Altitude is 500ft-3000ft

Thank's

Pete

Burned/JD,

Is there a crossover point from the blue to the red needle? Example, blue with the clip in the top = red with the clip in #4? On my xc, the blue was still rich with the clip at the top, so I installed the red, clip is where the directions called it out for hot/humid conditions, I don't remember which groove. Also, have you guys seen any problems with Storm fuel screws? Mine just doesn't feel right, somtimes its really hard to turn, sometimes its really easy.... I gotta eliminate the screw as a problem before I can get the needle dialed in....

Reg

• 1 month later...

Just did some more adjustments. Here is wat I found

40 pj

172 mj

Red JD needle pos 4

AP .8 sec

AP Timing Adjustment screw fully out ( AP arm just touches screw Mount )

I now have no Flatspot. Before I adjusted the AP Timing screw it had a flatspot best described as a hickup.

I used a button on top of the AP diaphram to adjust. When I was happy with the thickness I got a mate to machine up an aluminum spacer the correct size & shape

Pete