Sign in to follow this  

Rain this weekend ,Really?

Whats really going on? Rain has a way of screwing up a motocross track. Is it time to switch this weekends moto plans to an Elkins ride or is it still 50/50 in Sac? AOL is calling for "few showers" in San Jose Sat and Sun. I'm still up in the air with Hollister running the GP track and gas costs. Hollister is just closer to me. Whats the weather report up in Sac area? Is Hangtown gonna be crappy or? Argyll? :banghead:

my gawd that's a lot of questions.

And I don't show that the GP track at Hollister is open this weekend? Unless you know something I don't.

Besides, what's a little rain?

Should be mostly North Bay anyways.

CMC Trans-Cal series is running at Hollister. A little rain is the difference between shit and greatness at many riding places. I guess thats two things I know on the "more" side :banghead:

Supposed to rain Sat. and light showers Sunday, clearing by Sunday evening.

I forgot to mention that is for the Sacramento area. Wouldn't know it to look out the window right now. It is beautiful today.

30% chance only remember it's weather.com, they have missed the boat before. it may be only a sprinkle here or there nothing to get excited about. I'll know more Saturday when I go to GT if we get rain then yeah I'm up for FH on Sunday.

forget that MX round d round stuff

Dude,

I thought your back was all screwed up. You're riding again already??? :banghead:

I am going to hollister (lower park) sat morning ,I hope it rains ,I love it when the sand is wet there

Dude,

I thought your back was all screwed up. You're riding again already??? :banghead:

Riding? Shoot ,I raced last weekend. I went 6 weeks after the surgery without riding and I've riden 6 times since that point. Back feels good. I'm ready to moto ,just need to build up the muscle. I raced a Hare Scramble so I think I'm pretty much ready for anything :banghead:

I hope it rains saturday because carnigie needs it hell bad! Besides the TT-R needs a cleaning anyways and there ain't no better way to clean a bike than runnin it through a creek at 30 mph

Riding? Shoot ,I raced last weekend. I went 6 weeks after the surgery without riding and I've riden 6 times since that point. Back feels good. I'm ready to moto ,just need to build up the muscle. I raced a Hare Scramble so I think I'm pretty much ready for anything :banghead:

Danny your a sick man. :banghead:

Another week, maybe I'll be ready to catch ya and hit Hollister. A long time since I've visited that place. With a newborn and a 3 year old, I'm just trying to keep the wife from going insane, and killing me in the process 🤣

Much Cooler And Unsettled Weather Expected Over The Weekend...

A Cold Pacific Frontal System Will Continue To Move Toward The Northern California Coast. High Cloudiness Will Move Over The Area This Afternoon. The Leading Edge Of This System Is Forecast To Move Into Northwest California This Evening Bringing Scattered Light Showers And Gusty Southwest Winds. Light Precipitation Is Likely To Spread Into The Sierra Nevada By Early Saturday Morning. Gusty Southwest Winds Are Expected With Some Mountain Pass Locations Getting Wind Gusts Of 40 To 50 Mph. Although Most Pass Levels Will See Rainfall...the Highest Passes On Us 50 And Interstate 80 May See An Inch Or Two Of Snowfall As The Colder Air Behind The Frontal System Filters Into The Area On Saturday. Temperatures Over The Mountains Are Expected To Be Much Cooler On Saturday...dropping As Much As 20 Degrees Compared To The Previous Few Days.

The Northern Sacramento Valley Could See Some Light Precipitation As Well Along With Breezy Southerly Winds. Temperatures On Saturday Will Range From The Upper 60s To Lower 70s Compared To The 80s Experienced Over The Last Several Days. The Unsettled Pattern Will Also Bring A Threat Of Isolated Thunderstorms Both In The Northern Sacramento Valley And In The Mountains.

A Warming And Drying Trend Is Expected To Begin By Sunday As High Pressure Rebuilds Over The Area And Breezy North Winds Develop.

Sounds like Sunday is the day to ride then. (I guess anyway.) You never can tell when it comes to weather predictions.

there will be no rain this weekend, it will slide to the north, though there will be fog in monterey

cur_w_720x486.jpg

That Mark Finan dude just got done saying there may be some night and early morning showers in the Sierras, north of I-80, on Saturday. That'll be good if it actually happens. Should make for less dust on Sunday.

Hey BigBob, you must have paid attention to good old Dr. George :banghead: back in the day in SoCal.🤣

Hey, 1500 posts, gone platinum on this one. :banghead:

:banghead: Dude,

I didn't realize I get a boost at 1500!

Look out now! I'm gonna start posting like bigbob! :banghead: