Sign in to follow this  

What tires you guys using for racing?

Looking for a 14" front and 12" rear for my 125cc bike, since the stockers arent suitable for racing.

Looking for any experience or suggestions.

i have dunlops on my 14/12 vinco and they are sweet. i dont think i would ever buy i different tire for the bike. extremely good in dirt

I run Kenda millvilles on my cr250 and they last a LONG time for a 2stroke MX bike. Is there something different with the mini millvilles?

Good to know. Totally opposite of MX bikes. Dunlops suck and Kenda' rock for full size MX machines. Thanks

yeah don't get them for the minis!! but the big bikes do work very good... they hook up great and last long time!! like don said the minis are gone in like 3 or 4 rides and don't even think about it if u are riding on the street!! i run the irc's or the starcross on my minis!!

I'm running a Shinko 2.75X10 rear and a Starcross 2.50X12 front. I have another rear wheel setup with a Dunlop and it's a lot softer and has worn much much quicker than the Shinko, but I really like the traction and durability of the Shinko so far (but its a biatch to put on lol).

Shinko tire:

http://www.motoworldracing.com/shinko-tire-50-xr-crf.html

Starcross tire:

http://ahpminis.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=117&osCsid=9fa3b3d38a88913e4c370b94eb4e0d77

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Wonder why the kendas wear diff on the minis u would think its the same compound. Who knows.

another question. I am running 12 inch rear and 14 inch fronts commonly found on all the china bikes. They are 3" wide i think. all these race tires are skinnier. How wide are you guys running of a tire?