Sign in to follow this  

05 250X advise

Hey guys, im planning on picking up a leftover 05 X from my dealer, do all these 05's seem to have this valve problems? or is it just the way people ride them?

I have searched but so many people flaming and BS'ing its hard to really get through a thread with useful info.

I am just looking for a good trail bike, that can handle the technical stuff and is lighter then my 650L :banghead:

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, im planning on picking up a leftover 05 X from my dealer, do all these 05's seem to have this valve problems? or is it just the way people ride them?

I have searched but so many people flaming and BS'ing its hard to really get through a thread with useful info.

I am just looking for a good trail bike, that can handle the technical stuff and is lighter then my 650L🤣

Thanks in advance!

Not all have the valve problem. Most are good :banghead: , but some have a problem :banghead: . If it was the way people ride them you would see other bike with the same problem (something other than the crf), but you don't.

It's hard to say...I think most people are happy with them, you will have to replace the valves eventually and there is no good way to tell when... some people had them go in as little as 15 hours, others have had them last longer than 50 hours. It is the intake valve that are the problem. Very few people have reported exhaust valve problems.

Made it to 1480 miles before RI went. No biggie. Swapped out intakes, guides,and piston and rings. I ride nasty, technical, rock infested new england trails. As much as I crave a 450 I will be keeping my 250X. It just works effortlessly in the technical trails. Thats all I really ride, so the 250x is a great fit. If I lived out west I would have a big bore.

GET THE FLATLAND RAD/SKID GUARDS. I have seriuosly abused them, but they have not given up yet. :banghead:

Ok sounds good.

I am a easy rider nothing to insane but i just love the technical stuff and my 650L hates it :banghead:, i ride maybe twice a month or so. So i think i'll be good.

Thanks guys!

no probs with mine. just changed everything over to cfr r top end. installed crf r head ,crf r cam , with pro circuit valves, springs , and exhuast pipe. installed a hinson clutch basket, inner hub , preasure plate. the bike run's awesome !

Three months & no problems w/ 05 250x, just keep the air filter clean, & change the oil ( motor & trans ) every four to five rides.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!