Sign in to follow this  

List of businesses supporting SUWA. Need it ASAP

Anyone have that list of businesses that are in love with SUWA?

I am heading to Moab this weekend and don't want my $$ falling into the wrong hands.

Thanks.

Thanks for that update. Next week will be my first trip back to Moab since that list was posted. I was so mad it wasn't funny. Till that petition came out I made about 6 trips a winter to Moab, was even going to buy a condo there. Now, I keep my money in Colorado or drive past Moab to Green River.

Here's the link to the pdf, direct from SUWAr,

http://www.suwa.org/library/Final_Huntsman_ad.pdf

:banghead:

keep in mind that some of the businesses that appeared in suwa's newspaper ad were kinda pissy about being included in the list, and did not actually support suwa's extreme position.

when in doubt, i'd ask the business owner, and see what he says.

Yeah, I plan on using the list as a guide and asking about the businesses stance before I go off half cocked on my standard "You are a dumb @ss tofu eating hippie" rant.

For example, I see that Chevron station is on there, and I am sure I saw a letter from them stating that they did not even sign the letter.

Chevron is out for me. There are a few businesses that I used to go to every trip. Droped an e-mail to those on the list explaining why I won't be there any more. With the guys I go with and all the trips we used to make, 10k a year spent there isn't an unreasonable guess. I don't think its up to me to ferret out the ones that got scamed, or try to figure out if the business is playing both ends against the middle. I've taken a 48% pay cut in the last three years so my money is spent very carefully. I'd rather give a few extra bucks to the BRC than even take a chance that my money is going into the pockets of people against me. The only reason I'm doing Moab at all this trip is because this is just myself and my son, he requested Moab. Better believe he knows those on that list!

On the plus side, I've discovered that it is much cheaper to stay and ride right here in Colorado. The tax on rooms is cheaper, fuel is cheaper (than Moab), food is cheaper. I've also discovered Green River and the Swell, met some great folks in GR as well. Some friends I've made in Moab I still keep in contact with and you better believe I'll not only stop to say hi but will do business with them.