Sign in to follow this  

Switched Blue to Red, 2 stroke to 4

I am new to Thumper Talk and new to Honda and new to the 4 stroke. :banghead: Just picked up my 2006 CRF450R last night. It looks sweet and I can't wait to throw a leg over and hit the track. Had to say good bye to the old 2000 YZ 250.

Matt

You're going to be like the dude in that Enzyte commercial. Livin' large and having that morning after the wedding night look on your face!

Congratulations, post a ride report after you ride the new 450.

I'm sure you know, but make sure you take the break-in maintenance seriously, especially the oil/oil filter and air filter. Don't baby the motor during break-in, but stay away from the rev limiter.

Good luck and have fun.

You could always drill a hole in the seat for the 4-hour wood! :banghead:

Liquor

I landed my 450 "accidentally" .... still have my 05 yz250 .... I love the lightness and coastabliltiy of my 250 .... but you can't beat the torque and handling of the honda.

You've begun the long journey to recovery my friend you're just lucky you've been diagnosed early. 2 strokes have a long standing history of causing large amounts of damage to the mentality of the human male.

I love my 06! BTW, if anybody finds an 06CRF450 with two bloody arms still attached to it, please PM me. :banghead:

Oh man what a ride :banghead: What a difference in the muddy slick corners. The throttle control and power delivery are very predictable and I like that. Tons of power, able to leap tall building in a single twist of the throttle. The only things that I did not like are the grips and that is just personal prefernce. There were definitely parts of the track that would have given me a little trouble on the 2 stroke. Final review - :banghead:

throw up some pics of it man!

looks good... dont forget to toss that stock chain and get a good one... unless its been fixed?? i remember mine streched all the way out in about 3 rides...

Ya the stock chain will be gone after my ride on Sunday. I have had several people tell me to junk the factory chain. Why do they do that? Build a great bike and then put a crap chain on it? I guess that is Honda's way of supporting the aftermarket guys.