Sign in to follow this  

Neck brace.

How many of you use neck braces when riding? I just got one and it is a very strange feeling. I guess i will get used to it. Anything to stay away from neck injuries..

I just picked one up based on a post from here on TT. After the first lap I could barely tell it was there. I would give it some more time and I bet you won't even tell it's there.

junior

how do you use it?

i have one but cant see how to fix it to my 661 chest protector right

Huh? I have an EVS neckbrace and a 661 pressure suit. Just throw the brace around your neck and you're done.

I have the EVS and the 661 pressure suit as well. Not sure the correct name, will have to look it up, but I refer to mine as a neck brace. It is about an inch thick and velcros in the front. It sits on top of my jersey and not strapped to anything.

junior

How many of you use neck braces when riding? I just got one and it is a very strange feeling. I guess i will get used to it. Anything to stay away from neck injuries..

I did a quick search in the General forum, and here's a thread from August. My son and I both really like our PCS neck braces -- they attach to our chest protectors and stay pretty much out of the way until, well, you know.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280174

Heres a link so you can see the 2 I'm talking about.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2005/default.asp?p=161

I started with the EVS RC1 race collar. Was a little bulky and did take some time to get used to but worked. Saved my hubby from some serious neck injuries from a crash he had. - so the paramedics said.

We now wear the EVS RC2 racecollar. Its alot smaller and formed to fit over and around your neck and shoulders. Took no time to get used to it. You just forget its there. I took a BIG header over the bars Saturday. Landed on my head first then my shoulder and forearm. Broke my visor off my helmet, gouged it really well and broke my chest protector in 2 places near my shoulder. I walked away from it... well i hurt my leg too - so i limped away - BUT... NO concussion and no neck injuries, not even a sore neck the next day.

From testing it out with that crash. They work!!!! IMO one of the most important pieces of gear you can buy.

How do you keep it from rolling around on your neck? Ex. The fastener end up on the side after a while??

How do you keep it from rolling around on your neck? Ex. The fastener end up on the side after a while??

My son wears the EVS RC2 collar. It's never turned around however it's shaped different from the plain round neck braces. I can see where those might rotate on your neck.

The EVS RC2 racecollar is shaped to fit only one way, it curves down over your shoulders a bit and velcos together. It does not spin like the RC1 cause its not flat.

I use the EVS RC2 and feel strange not wearing it. Just velcro it in the back and it doesn't move around since it's oval shaped. Takes a few rides to get use to it but now I prefer to ride with it.

I'm getting one. I tend to crach quite a bit as I like to push myself so I should wear as much stuff as I can get.

Like Millsaps--drill holes in helment and zip tie the roll on the bottom of the helmet.

My son and I use the PCS ones on our chest protectors. I have the original EVS one but don't like it--very bulky. EVS says to wear it with velcro to the rear--not the front. It is pretty hot and uncomfortable on very hot days this way--but you chin can't be forced to you chest if worn this way. I use it with a EVS ballistic jersy on cooler late fall and early spring rides. Most of the time I wear my PCS on the chest protector. I broke a clavical wearing the EVS collar--it did its job--transferred energy away from my neck into a sacrificial bone!

EVS says to wear it with velcro to the rear--not the front.

I wasn't sure how it was to be worn. I've had the velcro in the front as nothing was written on the package when I received my brace. Did you speak with someone at EVS or was it written somewhere?

Thanks,

Junior

I wasn't sure how it was to be worn. I've had the velcro in the front as nothing was written on the package when I received my brace. Did you speak with someone at EVS or was it written somewhere?

Thanks,

Junior

I bought the sixsixone version and it said on the package that the velcro goes in front.