Dyna Beads!!

When I put the new tires and tubes on my L yesterday, I decided to add some of these beads to the tube. I bought them several months ago, but had not used them yet.

The difference is unbelievable! I almost thought my tires were low on air it rode so smooth. Took all the bouncing of the rear at hight speeds, and it is much more stable.

For you that ride on the street allot with knobies, it sure beats weights in price and performance.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see an explanation of how they work.

The site just doesn't give any details.

D

I have tried different kinds of beads before. They work with centrifugal force, they are forced to the light side of the tire balancing it as needed. If you are driving very slow, only some of the beads go to work, and they dynamically reposition them selves as the speed increases. This gives you a perfect balance of the tire for the speed and conditions.

The best part of these beads is that they are ceramic, not metal like the other solutions that I have tried. They are not affected by moisture, they don't degrade and maintain their shape for ever.

I am going to put some on my 33' truck tires and I will let you all know how they perform on the large tires.

1st I have heard of this! Seems like someone should have thought of this long ago if it works as advertised. What about damage to the inside of the wheel? -Seems like there might be a bit of pummelling going on in there over bumps?

I have been looking at solutions like this for 5 years. The first ones cost about $90 per tire and were steel beads. Some companies use lead, others powder of some sort, but they have all been to expensive for me to take the plunge. The theory has always intrigued me and it makes perfect sense.

When I saw this product mentioned on another forum I checked it out. And the prices are awesome! (not affiliated :banghead: ) So I bought enough for the trucks and the bike. Its been sitting in the shelf in the garage for 6 months. To lazy :banghead: It is definitely going on the 5ver and trucks.

It works, I just rode home from work, and I can actually feel the lane humps on the freeway. ? Before I would be bouncing so bad I probably skipped a couple LOL I am telling you it feels funny running so smooth with knobs and 2 rim locks ?

QUOTE=ssanddemon] What about damage to the inside of the wheel?

I have not used it on my truck, so I don’t know what damage it may cause to the wheel. My bike has tubes :banghead: From what they say and from the consistency of the beads, I do not see how it could damage anything.

Does a 650L have a rim lock? How many ounces of beads did you put in?

4Takt

I used 4oz on the rear because of the 2 rim locks. From their website sounds like to much, but it rides awesome! I used 2oz on the front since I have no rim locks there. But I will defenetly get some now that I know that I can easly balance the tire. :banghead:

exactly how much did they cost?

Its been 6 months since I got them, so I don't remember. I am sure the website has all their updated prices. I am to lazy :banghead: to look right now. But I think it was less than $20 to get all the beads for the truck with 33's (still sitting in the garage) still cheaper than balancing your tires 2 or 3 times till they are worn. Unless you get a flat, then you have to buy them again.

But seriously I balance my tires when I buy them, and then when I feel them going bad. This should last the life of the tire, anyway I got it on my bike, I will put it in the truck this weekend, and I will let you all know how it feels :banghead:

I follow the argument that, at steady speeds, the beads would accumulate in the lighter spots and balance the tire.

However, what happens when you break? Seems the beads would keep going due to inertia, and you'd get way out of balance.

4Takt