Sign in to follow this  

Cheap Wheel

That's a pretty good deal, and I might go that way. But... Sevice Honda wants $116 for the brake rotor, $53 for the sprocket, and over $40 for the hardware to hold them on. So a direct comparison would be closer to $511. Obviously there are aftermarket parts that would be cheaper, but I still want to know more about this Warp 9 wheel before I give up on it.

Man, I'll tell you this, if I would have seen this before I bought my spar, Id jumped on that like it was a drunken prom queen...

If your just looking or a paddle tire wheel...its perfect. I probably wouldnt want to race moto on the thing tho...not until after Id put my hands on it anyway...

It's for a paddle. I'm just concerned that if it's crappy quality and breaks it could damage the bike. Although it would really hurt if it gave up at speed, or at the end of some nice air time.

it's tempting... i need new wheels on both my bikes. I'm an upper class "B" rider and i just some pretty big stuff some times so I'm kind of skeptical. but how cheap can it be?

it's tempting... i need new wheels on both my bikes. I'm an upper class "B" rider and i just some pretty big stuff some times so I'm kind of skeptical. but how cheap can it be?

Well, it's probably made in china so riding fast with those wheels would be a crapshoot.

Just from the pic you can tell the Hub and rotor and sprocket are poor quality. I don't think I would put too much confidence in that wheel. And if I was doing anything other than Sand trail riding I wouldn't run it.

Just from the pic you can tell the Hub and rotor and sprocket are poor quality.

What in the picture makes it look like poor quality?

It just looks like something off a cheap copy 50 from china. I would go with the Service Honda OEM setup. I have spare sprockets and disks laying around in my parts drawers. I bet the casting of that hub is no where near the quaility of an OEM hub. I just wouldn't even take the chance of testing it out. But thats me, do what you like.