Sign in to follow this  

Citizens Of Fauquier County, Va!!!

As taken directly from an add sponsored and paid for by Blalock Cycle, Warrenton, VA.

ATTENTION!!!

ATV & DIRTBIKERS

Fauquier County is trying to pass a noise ordinance, which will prohibit you from riding your dirtbikes and four wheelers, even on your own property!!!

This law will be passed on OCTOBER 13th @ 7:00PM @ the Warren Green building unless the Board hears from residents opposing the law.

PROTECT YOU RIGHTS!!!

:banghead::banghead:

This ordinance will prohibit the use of anything (except for agricultural use or lawn maintenance) that emits 60dB and louder outside of YOUR PROPERTY lines.

So everybody who lives in Fauquier county, PLEASE go to this meeting and voice your opinion!!!

I also have this posted in the Northeast forum as well as the Town Square forum to insure every possible view.

Law will not make it so you cant ride on your property, it only applies if noise is greater than 60db OUTSIDE of your property line......You'd have to have a pretty loud bike to break that rule if your 100 feet or more from your line.

well when you live only on 2acres and most of your track is within 100ft of each property line, its hard not to wonder how loud it really is, plus i live on a private road and ive never had a neighboor complain, im just going to help others.

I have already faxed a letter to the different districts opposing this ordinance. And 4 of us are going to the meeting tonight to voice our opinion.

If anyone has access to a fax machine, I'd be glad to give out the numbers and you can send them a fax opposing the ordinance. And if you live in the county like I do, go to the meeting tonight and let them know that we don't want this law passed.

Eben

I'm a rider and and a landowner/homeowner....the last thing I want beside my home is a 2-acre dirt-bike track and I'm afraid that most people would say the same also. This is a loosing battle for the small-track owners in developing areas I'm afraid. Noise laws are nothing new.