Sign in to follow this  

One or the other!!

OK Iwant to get my suspension revalved but doing the forks and the shock is going to be pricey.

Is it ok to just get the forks revalved and leave the shock?

Kinda depends on which end is causing it the most problems now...

If you dont like the fork, have it done, but any glaring problems there is with the shock will seem larger after if they get the fork right the first time.

I did the forks first on my 02 YZ 250 2t and it was good. IMO 75% of the improvement of having both ends done can be had by just doing the fork, if your not way out of the norm in size/speed and your bike doesn't have any glaring flaws. It was better when I matched the shock to the forks though.

Another way of looking at it is: I got most of the improved speed and control from the fork mods, I got better comfort and hookup out of corners with the shock mods.

Reg

I did the forks first on my 02 YZ 250 2t and it was good. IMO 75% of the improvement of having both ends done can be had by just doing the fork, if your not way out of the norm in size/speed and your bike doesn't have any glaring flaws

I can see that.

The shocks from the factory these days are so good its pretty amazing. The forks are good too, but not as good as the shocks. Ive messed with the fork on my CRF since the day I bought the thing. The shock on the other hand, It almost gets ignored...