Sign in to follow this  

Why I will be wearing work boots at Walker Valley this weekend.......

:banghead: Here is the scoop..... We (Skagit Motorcycle Club) are working with the D.N.R at Walker Valley. We are installing new signage, re-routing some trails, maintaining existing trails,and flagging new trails for D.N.R. approval. There is a new 4x4 route in place that we are also installing signage :banghead: , and lots of Quad mileage too! 🤣 Don't worry, there is going to be lots of great single track!! 🤣 All in all this is a monumental task! Not to mention working with the Mount Baker Motorcycle Club to prepare for October 30th The Cowbell I.S.D.E. (I think the oldest consecutively run in the U.S.) We really have our work cut out for us.

Sunday Oct 16th 9AM we (Jeff, Scott and club guys) (There will be a few guys on Saturday also) are meeting in the parking lot, We need all the help we can get, put on your work clothes and work boots and please come out and help. We will need some guys on bikes and some in trucks. This will not be a riding day for us, but a working day. Motocross boots don't make for good trail work boots.

Please contact Scott (Weby) (Webstar) (Webmaster) Weber 425.328.7064 and tell him you are replying to Jeff Tasky's thread on T.T.

Thanks guys, one day we will once again have 36 miles of cool trail at Walker Valley!

Ride On

See you on the trail,

Jeff Tasky🤣

I can't make sunday, got the mt baker filthy pup that I have to make (miss 1 more race and I am out of contention for season points), but I can try to make saturday. do you know who is working on saturday?

Steve and I will be camping at main parking lot Sat. PM around 8 getting ready for Sunday

I can't believe you guys worked trail in that downpour! 🤣 I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you've put into Walker Valley - other places too! :banghead: I'll try to join you the next time - rain or shine! :banghead:

It was cool stopping the saws to watch Loynz on the ONE-TWO-FIVE blazing through the forest. :banghead:

Yeah man, it was definitely a downpoor.

I must say, it was really cool being in the deep dark valley they call Walker, working trail, and someone (Loynz) comes through and rides the new trail for the first time ever!

While we were working an uphill, Pat ran into one of the rarely seen Giant Northwest Salamanders! Nearly 10 inches long - we let him cross the trail and be on his merry way. Cooool!!!

It was a great day, even if none of us were on a bike.

Later,

Jeff

I was up there on Saturday morning and saw them working on Walker Vally Trail (Is it still called that?) Anyway ... It looks real nice from the road now. When is that going to be open? BTW .. Thanks to all of you guys for your hard work and commitment. Perhaps I'll join you next time.

I can't believe you guys worked trail in that downpour! 🤣 I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you've put into Walker Valley - other places too! :banghead: I'll try to join you the next time - rain or shine! :banghead:

Yes - Thank you very much gentlemen, (and Web)!