Sign in to follow this  

1st Annual Delle 100 Ribbon Chase 10/15

Saturday October 15th, Delle Ut, 50 miles west of Salt Lake City on Interstate 80. Exit @ Delle Gas station, get on frontage rd. on south side of highway and follow west to horse corral. Park below the corral down in the basin. The loops start from there and will be marked with surveyors tape and sprinkler flags.

Start will be near the white 20' steel pole, just below the hill it sits on.

1st loop will be approx. 36 miles. Departing south west on desert singletrack to a double track that will go up and over the Cedar mtns. via Hastings pass(cutoff) Then north on more fast double track to more single/double track.

Followed by sandy single/double track, a long stretch of open sage trail back to the parking lot.

Pit Stop

2nd loop will start on the north side of I 80 at the RR xing (from gas station go under highway and find the crossing) and go north west on single/double/dirt roads over to the pass trail above the old Marblehead rock crushing plant. Then down to a dirt road I call the Autobahn. Past the old quarry continuing north the trail turns back to a little used 2 track. At the intersection the trail will go right or south east over a pass trail on 2 track past an old mine down the canyon south to a dirt road that will bring you south along the mountians. Eventually you will come to a fence for the new landfill they just built. The road scirts all the way around it's perimeter to head west and south again. Follow the ribbons back toward the gas station at delle. Not sure yet how I will finish the loop yet but it should be marked so you can either go back under the freeway at the same point you entered or I may take the trail up the to the ridge trail behind the old ranch site near the highway.

The loops will be marked with surveyors tape and sprinkler flags for line of site and turns at intersections. On long sections where there are no turns or hazards the ribbons will be every mile.

I will be marking the course friday afternoon and evening. Anyone can ride it saturday or sunday, as fast or slow as you want, FREE. Have fun, enjoy the scenery, the trail should be fast and low dust from all the rain. There's a few rocky/technical sections but overall it's just fast and fun.

It would be awesome if however rides it sunday, would help pull the ribbons so we leave no trace except our tire tracks! :banghead:

Anytime you want, it will be a self guided tour, were camping out there tonight. I'll probably go out some time after 9:00 in the morning tomorrow, to make sure the ribbons are still up. We should get out there today by 3:30pm. As soon as I get there I'll start marking the trail.

Hope to see a few people out there. Should be a real nice day saturday.

Holy Cow...this sounds cool. That's quite a bit of effort on your part so kudos to you. I had no idea there was this much riding at Delle. I usually just drive the extra 20 minutes to the west and go to Knolls. Definitely give us a ride report and let us know how it goes.

I'll be working and racing at the Ogden OCA MX track Saturday otherwise I would be interested.

I used to always go to knolls as well, but then I went to Delle a few times with some buddys. I actually prefer Delle now, not that the Knolls is that great, Besides the B, Delle is the closest riding area for me. There is some really fun riding at Delle, theres an old moto track that is a fun to ride, and lots of other just play stuff right around the parking lot. Then theres a five mile fast whoops trail that takes you out to another track on the flats, it has a some fun jumps. Then there are several hidden washes that are a blast, and Hastings canyon is fun to rail up. There is actually alot out there if you know where to find it, and it does not chew up tires like Five Mile, or the B.

I used to always go to knolls as well, but then I went to Delle a few times with some buddys. I actually prefer Delle now, not that the Knolls is that great, Besides the B, Delle is the closest riding area for me. There is some really fun riding at Delle, theres an old moto track that is a fun to ride, and lots of other just play stuff right around the parking lot. Then theres a five mile fast whoops trail that takes you out to another track on the flats, it has a some fun jumps. Then there are several hidden washes that are a blast, and Hastings canyon is fun to rail up. There is actually alot out there if you know where to find it, and it does not chew up tires like Five Mile, or the B.

I agree. For those who live near SL it's the best close variety of riding. Great place to bring kids and begginers. There's some fun jump areas out there if thats your thing.

I don't think anyone from TT was out there Saturday, sorry for the short notice. The main loop tape is still up for anyone thats interested in going out there. The 20' steel pole that was supposed to be the start has been cut down to about 5', (vandals).

I did a night loop under the almost full moon, that was a blast! It's open enough to see well with just the headlight. Didn't even need a helmet light it was so bright.