Sign in to follow this  

Who rode the Shennendoah 500 this year?

Missed seeing you, Ray. Weather was perfect but the long dry spell made some of the roads very dusty.....especially for us old timers in the back of the pack. Most of the stream crossings were bone dry. A few folks still tried to make it into a race. My riding buddy had a flat on the trail (sound familiar?) but we got the tube in without pinching it so he was able to finish the ride. The Suzuki trailer wasn't there due to a scheduling conflict. I would've liked more woods trail in place of pavement and/or gravel but NVTR did their usual good job. Hope you make it next year.

I marshalled for the NVTR and rode the pre-ride for the Saturday course. Weather=awesome

Lots of dust

Sunday portion was great

Food=excellent

TT member "oldbuck" and NVTR webmaster put together a great video of the event here:

http://www.nvtr.org/shen500/s500menu.html

Enjoy! :banghead:

On a sour note, there were several folks who felt they didn't need to pay to ride the event. Some put bogus "M"s on their bikes posing as Marshalls. Some had lame stories like "Oh, I'm just out for a ride"... Some even had the gall to stay in the Campground without paying. Hopefully next year we can remove this kind of scum from the event. Where do they grow this dushbags? :banghead:

Tom H.

NVTR Member