Sign in to follow this  

How much oil?

I just bought a 05 crf450 but it didnt come with the manual. Can someone tell me the amount of oil the manual says for the engine side with and without changing the filter and for the trans. side.

Thanks in advance

I'll check when I get home, bt I'm sure others will help before that... :banghead:

Liquor

4 quarts, five with the filter :banghead:

Just kidding...

Gawd Im bored..... :banghead:

590cc...I just put 600 in it because its easier to measure..

Put 625 in the trans. The case says 670 but thats on a fully disassembled engine.

Anyone ever scraped a measuring cup to see how much oil stays in stuck to the sides? Wow, I need a hobby. :banghead:

Once I got the bike, I then bought the Billy Who Factory Fill; one for the trans and one for the motor. It makes the job a bit easier. You can find a kit with both for about $30 USD.

Yes, I'm lazy, but it's nice to be able to pre-fill them and have them ready. :banghead:

Liquor

my '03 has a site window for engine oil, just keep it about half way between low and high, i used to run it close to the high mark, but the motor would puke a bunch out of the airbox then and it would cover the rear swingarm.

if you look theres a trans oil check bolt

Yes, and everybody else on the planet knows its not correctly located on the engine and shouldn't be used. Measure or suffer the consequences.