Sign in to follow this  

Will this work for repacking Yosh RS3?

Yoshimura - Muffler Repack blanket: http://www.ripperracing.com/mall/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=28&products_id=595

My DRZ RS3 is getting a little raspy, so I did a search for a repack kit and found this. Yes, I know its a quad site...

The description doesnt say which model Yosh its for... but if it would work, this "blanket" style sure looks like it would be a lot less messy than the "fluffy" kind.... I can't seem to get an answer directly from Yosh about anything :banghead:

Thanks guys!

Yep, that will work. It's what's currently inside, wrapped around a layer of steel wool that's wrapped around the perforated pipe that passes thru the can.

My advice is to drill out or grind off the little rivets that hold the Yoshimura nameplate to the can. They protrude into the can about 1/2 inch and make pulling the inner pipe and wrap out a real PITA. If you want, then you can use short sheetmetal screws to remount the nameplate to restore your bling factor, or re-rivet it back on.

I can send you a pic if you want to see what I mean.

My advice is to drill out or grind off the little rivets that hold the Yoshimura nameplate to the can.

Thanks... Sounds like good advice. I'll do it! :banghead:

remount the nameplate to restore your bling factor

Yep, it just isn't the same bike without that beautiful red, white and black! :banghead: