Sign in to follow this  

question about anti-theft

I want to ride my XR250 to school but I'm afraid of it getting stolen, Is there anyway I can get some sort of anti-theft system? I know that this thing is really hard to start and that within itself is an antitheft system, but still. Any ideas?

There are disc locks that you could try that are pretty heavy duty, some even have an alarm on them. Not really very helpfull, but maybe more of a deterant. It would be pretty easy to pick up and put in the back of a truck though. Without an ignition system on it, I wouldn't try it. Just my thoughts though.

I use a good quality paddle lock through the rear sprocket and around the chain for situations where it's fairy high vis.

Get insurance and don't let it out of your sight......Anything you do outside of putting it in a bank vault is just a small deterrent to any thief.

I would do the disk lock and maybe strap a cable from the bike up to something else light a light pull or even a buddies truck. Other than that, try and park up front where a window over looks it.

if u screw the idle all the way down - turn off the gas (people always forget that one) and then choke it too...by the time they figured out how to start it - theyd be out of breath AND in cuffs.

:banghead:

drj

Im gonna be doing the same in 2 weeks, im just gonna padlock the frame to a pole.