01yz250f or a 00yz400f

im in the market for a used bike. i was looking @ 250 two strokes but i rode a buddies 450f and love the ease of riding these 4 strokes. so what i want to know is would ya'll recommend a 99 yz 400f or a 01 250f? and please tell me why you chose one over the other... i will be using this for about 40% trails and 60% MX tracks.. thanks (ps my previous bike was a kx125 but i needed MORE power to keep up with my buddies 450f. thanks for all ya'lls input.. nathan

I had a 99 400f, then took a year off and bought a 04 250f. the difference was amazing. the 35 or so pounds difference between the bikes made me feel a lot better at the end of the day. i'm pretty sure the 01 & 04 are pretty close in weight. i have no problems keeping up with people on 450's. i race vet class and 250 c, and usually end up in the top 5. if you need more power, you can always go to a big bore kit. i have the 262 kit and i gave me a lot more power. my next step is to get a set of cams. i would say get the 250f. beside you can laugh at your buddies when you beat them on a smaller bike.

i needed MORE power to keep up with my buddies 450f. thanks for all ya'lls input.. nathan

If you liked your buddies 450F than get a 426 or 450F. A 250 two stroke is still a very good option even thought you need to ride it a bit differently.

• 2 weeks later...