Sign in to follow this  

piston rings cylinder

i am looking into buying a new set of rings new piston and cylinderfor a 1984 z50r. does anyone know where to buy these STOCK parts? i dont want any bore kits or aftermarket parts. the dealer is really expensive. I found a site earlier that makes big bore minis and sells the original parts real cheap. i just dont know the name of the site anymore.

thanx in advance :banghead::banghead:🤣

bbr sells stock motor parts for cheap.

Not for an '84 Z50R, they don't... :banghead:

qwoke-q, I might have some stock stuff here, I'll have to look and see.

84 z50 should be the same top end as an xr50, as it had already gone CDI at that point. So yes, infact, if BBR has stock 50 parts they will work fine for your z50.

I don't think so. Dirtbkr knows what he's talking about. They were still points back then, no bearings on the cam.. I can get the parts too but I'm not gonna give them away. I said $20 for the carb shipped and I got a check for the cost of shipping. I'm not petty so I never brought it up, but I will let other people here know before they get burned.

If you're going to use the CRF/XR piston and cylinder, you should use the CRF/XR head, as the '84 head is slightly domed, and you will lose some compression and/or power output. How much compresssion and/or power you would lose is probably minimal, you might be able to get by.

The Z50R became a 12V CDI engine in '88, when the white bikes were introduced, and that engine is identical to the newer CRF/XR models.