Sign in to follow this  

rmz450 engine braking?

I'm riding a rm125 and there is almost no engine braking. how is it on the RMZ450? I hear that 4-strokers have a lot of engine braking. Just want to know if its true.

I'm riding a rm125 and there is almost no engine braking. how is it on the RMZ450? I hear that 4-strokers have a lot of engine braking. Just want to know if its true.

Imagine having a parachute fly out your arse everytime you let off the gas.

The RMZ450 has the least engine braking of any of the thumpers I have ridden. :banghead:

I disagree, I own both an'05 crf450r and rmz450 and the difference is noticeable. Also going from a 125 pinger that has the same type of coast as a downhill mountainbike to any 450 will have a bit of learning curve to it. The 450 has so many more moving parts and gyro effect going on the two aren't really comparible. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter though because learning a new bike is half the fun anyway.

i had a kx 500 before my rmz 450...the engine braking was a problem at first,now i have learned to use it. it's weird riding a bike that does'nt have it........