Sign in to follow this  

Hand Guards for 250X, Suggestions?

I'm looking for good hand guards for my 250X. Something that can save clutch/brake levers if laid down. Thanks

sauce

LOVE my Cycra probends. Was concerned about the extra money but once I had them, no more concerns. Get them with the low profile guard, even cooler.

i just got back from roseville cycle with some probends. i bought the ones that mount to the triple clamps. They seem to be the hot set up

I concur...definitely, the Cycra Pro Bends seem to be the strongest. And if you do crash and break the plastic, you just change that piece, not buy a new set.

Do any of you ride without the plastic? just the bars?

Do any of you ride without the plastic? just the bars?

Yes, I used to ride with just the bars all the time. I was not really worried about bushes and branches hitting my hands, just didnt want to break my levers. I did put the low profile shields on in the end since they were not as gigantic. Think I have a picture in my garage.

Yes, I used to ride with just the bars all the time. I was not really worried about bushes and branches hitting my hands, just didnt want to break my levers. I did put the low profile shields on in the end since they were not as gigantic. Think I have a picture in my garage.

Nice, I Like!!!

Well it looks like you have a winner, Pro Bends all the way. :banghead:

That's what I will be ordering, Thanks for the input. :banghead:

sauce

OK... I ordered the Pro Bends and The dealer ordered the right guards with the wrong mounts. :banghead: They ordered the front mounts and obviously they don't work, So they have to reorder them. :banghead: Did any of you have to modify the side mount brackets on the X to make them fit? They look Chunky and don't seem to have enough clearance to the plate/headlight bolt. Thanks

Yes, the side mount brackets do have to be notched out like a half circle for the headlight shroud bolts.

OK... I ordered the Pro Bends and The dealer ordered the right guards with the wrong mounts. :banghead: They ordered the front mounts and obviously they don't work, So they have to reorder them. :banghead: Did any of you have to modify the side mount brackets on the X to make them fit? They look Chunky and don't seem to have enough clearance to the plate/headlight bolt. Thanks

My dealer showed the dsame confusion so I went straight to Cycra direct.

OK... I ordered the Pro Bends and The dealer ordered the right guards with the wrong mounts.🤣 They ordered the front mounts and obviously they don't work, So they have to reorder them. :banghead: Did any of you have to modify the side mount brackets on the X to make them fit? They look Chunky and don't seem to have enough clearance to the plate/headlight bolt. Thanks

Here is a few pictures of mine. Yep I notched the bracket with a die grinder to clear the headlight mount. Make sure to get longer bolts for the tripple clamp were the brackets mount. The stock ones are not long enough and they dont include longer ones in the kit. The stock bolts will pull out of the tripple clamp on a hard hit because they arn't long enough.

handguards.jpg

modified_bracket.jpg

closeup.jpg

Yes the bike is in my kitchen. Gotta have a clean place to work on the bike right. Plus its close to the beer in the fridge :banghead:

in_kitchen.jpg

Yes the bike is in my kitchen. Gotta have a clean place to work on the bike right. Plus its close to the beer in the fridge
....and it's clean enough to eat off of, if company's over and there's not enough room at the table! :banghead:

....and it's clean enough to eat off of, if company's over and there's not enough room at the table! :banghead:

Bike was brand new off the dealer floor when it was in the kitchen. Hadent even been ridden yet.

It dont look quite so pristeen anymore. I think I would be sleeping in the garage next to the bike if I tried bringing it in the house now :banghead:

Icky dirty