What's the deal?

I had a little problem with simi valley yamaha. I put a $100 dollar deposit for a 2006 yz250f. I was told that the deposit was refundable incase i were to change my mind. To make a long story short, i changed dealers because i found a better price. Well, i got the bike from the other dealer. I called simi valley yamaha and they told me that my deposit was no longer refunable because i found the bike somewhere else. Can they do this? I can't believe how dishonest they are. Why do they flat out lie to their customers? I'm PISSED. I am telling all my friends not to go there again. Hell they won't even give me credit toward the store. I asked several times if it was a refundable deposite, they all said yes. So what the hell is wrong with that place??? I will never do business there again!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell them that you will bring the case to court and that you could careless if it's over a hundred dollars or a thousand dollars. See if they give it back then, but I wouldn't really bring it to court because you're fees will be over 100.00

But then again, I don't know if they can do that so check with someone first. It doesn't sound right to me.

That was my biggest mistake. All i have is the check. That's another thing, i never asked them to deposit my check. I had specifically told the sales person not to cash it until i told him to. They did anyway without even having the bike in stock. Maybee it is their way of keeping deposits.

This should be a slam dunk. Stay cordial, keep asking to escalate to a manager or the owner. I can't see them wanting to lose a customer over $100.

Store credit seems very fair for both parties. Keep trying.

I can see both sides as I am in sales. First of all, why didn't you try to renegotiate your deal before buying a bike somewhere else? How many other missed sales did they have to turn away because you had money on that bike? When money is put down on a product, a deal is made, an agreement to purchase so to speak. Not so you can go shop elsewhere safely knowing you have one on "hold" somewhere else. Deciding not to buy a bike and buying one somewhere else is two different things. Yes, they should have not told you it was refundable and kept it, but you should not have told them that you bought somewhere else or should have not bought somewhere else. This is why I do not accept "deposits" only partial payments. You lead them to believe that everything was cool and then slapped them in the face telling you already bought a different bike. You should have at least given them a chance to match the deal. Did you at least buy the other bike $100 cheaper. If so, then consider yourself at least breaking slick and a lesson learned.

Im not in sales and I think it was not cool to go buy it somewhere else without giving them a chance to counter. A deposit is a commitment to buy refundable or not and you didnt buy from them. Im sure if you just told them you couldnt afford the bike and maybe next year, they may have given you the deposit back.

I would just forget it, basically your bike from the other dealer is 100 more expensive, hopefully you still saved money. I see other people telling you to escilate and threaten court, you really think these guys are going to buy that? You didnt have the follow through to complete a sale with them how are they going to believe you are really going to sue them for 100 dollars. Plus anyone who is concerned with 100 dollars is going to spend more than 100 to retrieve 100 would you really do it on principle or spite?

Drop and forget it you will be better off, Your blood pressure will thank you and you will keep your karma balance from going negative.

:banghead: and be happy with your new bike, who needs the contreversy.

To put it into perspective

100 = 2.5 fills of gas in your car..

I did try to get the same price from the first dealer and they said no! Why are they allowed to cash a check without having the bike in stock? Are they allowed to cash a check without my authorization, especially after i told them specifically not to cash it until the bike came in.

The $100 dollars is not the big deal, it's the fact that they did not stick to their word. They just deposited the check so that they could stick me with their shop. That not cool. Yes, i got the lmtd edition for what i think was a great price, especially in ca. I made many phone calls and no one would come close.. Hopefully they give me credit in the store.

Usually when you put money down on a bike to any dealership, they tell you the money is non refundable because if you wanted the bike, and some other guy also wanted the bike, but you put the deposit down for them to hold it for you, the other guy doesnt get the bike.... then if you change your mind and go to a different dealership, chances are the other guy also found the bike elsewhere, and then the dealership has lost the sale... when you put money down your making a commitment to purchase the bike you put a deposit on... next time shop around before you put down cash...

You wrote them a check. That is all the authorizattion they need to cash it. Was it nice of them to go back on their word? No, but it was no better for you to back out on the deal you made with them. Shame on one, shame on both. :banghead:

But totally awesome bike :banghead:

I agree with you to a certain point. The reality, is that the dealer made me believe that the money would be refundable and that the check would not be cashed until the bike arrived. They did the opposite of what they agreed on. That was what pissed me off. When i got my check back from the bank i was thinking that they had the bike. When i called them they said not for another three weeks. That is when i took off looking for another dealer.

I did try to get the same price from the first dealer and they said no! Why are they allowed to cash a check without having the bike in stock? Are they allowed to cash a check without my authorization, especially after i told them specifically not to cash it until the bike came in.

The $100 dollars is not the big deal, it's the fact that they did not stick to their word. They just deposited the check so that they could stick me with their shop. That not cool. Yes, i got the lmtd edition for what i think was a great price, especially in ca. I made many phone calls and no one would come close.. Hopefully they give me credit in the store.

You signed the check, didn't you.? You are being hypocritical, they did not keep their word and you did not keep yours. I would just forget it or tell them you are willing to spend a couple hundred more $$ in parts and accessories if they will give you some credit for the hun.