Sign in to follow this  

CRF450R vs. CRF450X Frames

Does anyone know if these frames are similar? I just discovered my dealer ordered a Works Connection skid plate for the R (I specifically requested a skid plate for my X). I'm concerned the X frame might be different because of the coolant catch tank and the skid plate won't cover the top of the catch tank.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. The Brembo brake kit arrived today and I'm only waiting for the black Excel rims with red Talon hubs to convert to Super Moto.

Thanks,

Rick

Haha supermoto kicks ass to bad u didnt have a R though, umm im pretty sure they are the same but i know that the R's frames are little bit more beefier thats bout it

It will not fit. My dealer made the same error with Works radiator guards.They aren't the same.

Pretty silly these threads are even the same. The 2 bikes are way,way different. Related yes, but very different. Doug

The X frame and the R frame are completly different. They only look the same. If you put the bikes side by side it is very obvious they share nothing in common. Go to Honda's web site for more details.

The obvoious parts are all the castings, the postion of all the hangers, etc, etc. The not obvious parts are the dimensions: the X is taller and longer by a few mm.

Thanks everyone! I'm back to the dealer today to return the part. I really appreciate all of you taking the time to enlighten me.

Rick