Sign in to follow this  

get this

I bought my 2000 ttr-225 from i guy that i knew cause i played hockey with him and i bought it for 2k and i had it for a week and then she broke down on a trail in the woods i took it to a shop and he told me that the timing belt skipped and the piston went through the valve it cost me a grand to get it repaired it was the biggest rip off of all time

eh, its not and is the guys fault, maybe it was its time to go, but maybe if the guy kept up on more maintnence, it wouldnt of happend, that why you never buy used!

Heck, you could of bought a new ttr225 for that price. Oh well everyone has this happend to them once in their lifetime, mise well get it over with now. LOL

Work on your own bike it will save you money.

yep...

if i had the money to buy new than i would buy new and i would be the only one who tuched the insides of it.

ive heared many time of a repar man at the shop pulling on a wire(because they dont care) and the bike breakin down on the trail.

I bought my 2000 ttr-225 from i guy that i knew cause i played hockey with him and i bought it for 2k and i had it for a week and then she broke down on a trail in the woods i took it to a shop and he told me that the timing belt skipped and the piston went through the valve it cost me a grand to get it repaired it was the biggest rip off of all time

I'm feeling the same pain right now. Bought an 03 crf450...put about 40 minutes (yes, I said minutes) on it and the auto clutch sent a piece of metal into the tranny...both clutch and tranny toast. While inside the motor, we see that the top end is very tired, etc. When I'm done, I could have almost bought a new '06.

Bummer, I bought a yamaha yfs 200 blaster and the piston skirt busted off and jacked the bottomed end up on it.