Sign in to follow this  

Just bought an 05 DRZ 400 SM...$4700..317mi

I hope the engine doesn't grenade when I get it here...

I would have rather bought new, but Meridian cycle wouldn't budge off of $6300. I know a fellas gotta make a living, but c'mon. I told the guy i had cash, and a new DRZ was going to be my next bike.

He tried to tell me it was an '06 as well. I knew way more about the bike than he did. I must have been in there a dozen times to look at it, and he didn't recognize me either.

Anyway, I've been lurking here trying to decide between a KTM 625 SMC and the DRZ. I have twin 17 yo boys, and would rather have them on the DRZ (when Dad's not out ripping it up of course!)

I've read alot of KTM vs. DRZ debate, and it boils down to the same arguments as the Gixxer vs. Ducati debate. As long as you are riding and happy, all is well.

You guys have been a great source of knowlege, so thanks. I already have all the free mods in mind, and all the goodies I am going to buy with some of the money I saved.

Say, anybody know a cheap shipper to go from NH to NC? Anybody near Portsmouth NH?

Congrats on the new bike. That sounds like a perfect long weekend ride to me! Leaves are changing and there are many hundreds of miles of awesome roads between NH and NC.

I have both a KTM 625 (Duke) and a DRZ S converted to SM. I always say if everyone had a DRZ the (riding) world would be a better place. When I ride with a group of DRZ's, regardless of model or set up, we all run at a similar pace, happily, on similar terrain.

The 625 is more powerful and can run with big bikes better on the road. But the DRZ is every bit as fun on its own (and plenty capable at speeds below 80 MPH). Now all you need is 2 more DRZ's, one for each son. :banghead:

I actually put more miles on my DRZ this year when riding solo. I only pulled the Duke out to run with faster bikes (hell, I demoralize the faster bikes on the Duke! :banghead: ).

Mike

I work in Portsmouth NH. I have never seen a DRZ-SM on the road, I thought my XRL-SM was the only supermoto around. People sure look at me like it is. Were in NC are you, I travel to Davidson NC for buisness sometimes.

MGS

Portsmouth, I'll be going through there on my honeymoon next April. Were're actually going to Maine, (from Tennessee) but She heard the NH has tax free shopping! Are there any good places to rent bikes up there? Throw me a PM some time and let me know whats going on up north in April.