Sign in to follow this  

Necessary tools - burned????

before he left bronco and myself were talking about the tools that a person couldn't do without on a drz. It came up when we were replacing his fork seals and he had that new little $66 tool for it. I know that that is one and so it the rotor puller. Are there anymore needed for the bike that you can think of?

2in PVC works on the fork seals fine..... I used a 2 inch PVC adapter and cut it in half (Has flanges which makes it easier to apply force). If you are a suspension shop its one thing but PVC does the trick for the average joe ever so often.

The rotor puller is a must.....

I also have the head piece to the valve spring compressor. I use a drill press to press on that part to press on the valve retainer. Just makes life easier with that part and not using a spring compressor. I guess thats not 100% needed.

The clutch hub holder would be nice but I dont have that either.

Thanks I just wanted to make sure before I ordered in the final tools for my drz collection,,,,now that a couple have moved half way accross the country from me.

Thanks I just wanted to make sure before I ordered in the final tools for my drz collection,,,,now that a couple have moved half way accross the country from me.

Well technically,, they are only 297 miles away at this time.. :banghead: But as the days go by,, and the riding miles pile up :banghead: they do get farther with each day 🤣

Sorry to say,, no riding today 🤣 It was a travel day, but yesterday,,, WaterBoy and I rode 80 miles 🤣

I bought a clutch hub holder, fork seal driver, and a fork damper rod holder. I also made my own fork oil measuring tool, and a low profile 5mm hex socket to get to the cam caps. I would like one of those valves for recharging the shock with nitrogen because the nearest shop to me is over 100 miles away, but they are about $150, and I have no idea what nitrogen costs so it is probably a long shot.

Well technically,, they are only 297 miles away at this time.. 🤣 But as the days go by,, and the riding miles pile up 🤣 they do get farther with each day 🤣

Sorry to say,, no riding today :busted: It was a travel day, but yesterday,,, WaterBoy and I rode 80 miles :busted:

Did mothership do her class????

I got in 50 miles today and looking at as many tomorrow. :banghead: Way muddy though and rained most of today :banghead: