Sign in to follow this  

Yoshimura pipes

Looking into a full pipe for my 05SM. Does the $745 cost of the TI system make up for the price difference over the $500 RS-3 ($245 more )? So the question: is the RS-3 + cool axle sliders + hand guards + money to spend on girls to sit on the back of my bike = the cost of the TI setup? Anyone have experience with either/both systems in comparison. I've done the DJ kit, 3x3 and would prefer the bike to loud and really perform.

i don't know about how much better the ti system is other than it is lighter.i got the rs3 full system and removed the SA and its loud🤣 ,everybody looks :banghead: .of course i got more power :banghead: .i would ask burned,he would defiantly give you an answer that has way more experience than me

I can say the TRS Ti system is louder than the RS3 definitely.

Depends on what you use it for. For me there is no cost too great.... So TRS it was.

If its just a street bike only maybe the RS3 would be fine.

Just a street monster. Want something loud enough to get the freshman walking around campus talking on their cell phones that walk out into traffic without looking - maybe if they hear me coming they will get out of my way! Wondering if I will be looking for the extra little gain from the TI if I get the RS-3. If it is just a weight issue, then I'm going with the cheaper pipe.

The RS3 is plenty loud. But it even fully uncorked it makes the TRS seem really really loud. It will still be heard a long ways off no doubt.

I think its more of a weight thing. The Ti system is the best exhaust for the DRZ but there is not too much power advantage with the Ti TRS system over the RS3 they are gonna be pretty close.

I would say just go for the full system for the S/SM model. It will bolt up to stock mounts and allow you to use the leg heat shield on the header / midpipe.

Oh ya and your prices are a bit off. Don't expect to pay retail. Order your pipe from the TT store or somewhere online and save a bunch of money. Shipping will be free from TT store anyways. I got my TRS new for $596 :banghead:

Yeah, I know there are better prices out there, just going with the yosh.com site b/c it was easy.

But seriously - does anyone have any experience with either pipe or both side by side? Maybe on a buddy's bike.

Is the main difference of the pipes (besides weight) less packing/baffles in the TI - thus better flow? Do both have a baffles you can put in and remove to make the pipes quieter?