Sign in to follow this  

drmark I got another knee question...

Well I went to see my doc today and we discussed my ACL reconstruction. He wants to wait a few weeks to let the swelling from the scope that my last doctor did to go down. On the 30th I was thinking of riding the last open practice at a local track. Do you think, as long as I dont reinjure the knee, that riding that one day would have any impact on the swelling? I would just really like to ride once more before surgery. He said that if the swelling hasnt gone down by then he would just drain it anyway but I would to get it down naturally if possible.

Also do you have any tips on relieving the swelling? He put me in PT 2x's a week prior but my insurance only covers me up to 2500/year so I was going to try and save that money till after the surgery.

Advil, 4 tabs 4 times per day

Stationary bike one hour per day, everyday. these two things will get the swelling down.

Get in your last ride before the surgery. You only live once.

No allografts. No hamstring tendons.

Use the opposite patella tendon for return to MX in three months.

Otherwise, 6 months for the same patella tendon, 9 months for hamstrings, one year for allograts. Well, with the allograft, you might as well go back to sports immediately, they all fail in MXers anyway.