Air Filter

Hey guys, im new and today i got a new air filter for my 150. we got rid of the airbox and it's hooked straight up to the carb. and it runs weird now. doesent like to idle anyone know what to do to fix it? oh and btw it did'nt like to idle before.. but now it REALLY doesent want to.

You'll be cleaning the filter after every ride.

Make sure you cover it completly when you hose off your bike.

Pick up a handful of main jets 110-120 and a 42 pilot maybe even a 45.

Maybe someone else can comment on jetting with an open air filter.

I've never done it and never would.

Cheers, :banghead:

#319 :banghead:

it's a Uni twin foam filter (black with the red sock) and we took THE WHOLE box off. the filter is hooked straight to the carb. so just rejetting? cool tommorrow we will go pick up some higher flow jets.

that probably wasnt the smartest thing to do, you made your air filter more open to flying debris :banghead:

i heard for our height or w./e (about 3500 above sea level) to use like a 155 main. and a 45 pilot. soi think were gonna get a 145 a 155 and a 165 and see. and were also going to get a "sock" thats like cloth that goes over the filter and when that gets dirty you just take it off and put another clean one on.

i heard for our height or w./e (about 3500 above sea level) to use like a 155 main. and a 45 pilot. soi think were gonna get a 145 a 155 and a 165 and see. and were also going to get a "sock" thats like cloth that goes over the filter and when that gets dirty you just take it off and put another clean one on.

where did you hear that it's way off even for a 230

temporarily turn your air fuel screw up or try running with the choke on detent....umm yea 110main jet and like 45 pilot since your filter is open...and watch the water you dont want that getting sucked in there my friends banshee has twin-carbs with twin K&N's and if he goes even near water that thing just stalls...and thats where he gets his butt whooped