Sign in to follow this  

toughest inner tube?

Hands down Moose HD... One of the TT bikes fell of an 80ft cliff and landed square on the back rim, completely trashing it. The Moose HD tubed pooched out the size between the tire and rim and the spokes pushed in the tube. The bike was ridden back to camp about 3 miles and the tube still held air. I'm convinced.

DSC00545.jpg

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2005/default.asp?p=385

It's amazing that tube survived. Considering the rim was completely toasted!

Fly Racing tubes are super thick, you can pretty much run with a flat tire on them, they are so thick and stiff. Almost as tough to mount as a tire.

Hands down Moose HD... One of the TT bikes fell of an 80ft cliff and landed square on the back rim, completely trashing it. The Moose HD tubed pooched out the size between the tire and rim and the spokes pushed in the tube. The bike was ridden back to camp about 3 miles and the tube still held air. I'm convinced.

DSC00545.jpg

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2005/default.asp?p=385

Bryan: Just curious, how exactly did this bike tumble off an 80ft cliff? :banghead::banghead:

:banghead:
It was the west coast TT ride at forest hill. I went over on loop 5. I lost my balance and tried to save myself and the bike. I was the only thing that didn't go over the cliff. I supermanned about 10-15 ft down a hill straight into a tree putting my tooth thru my upper lip. The bike went all the way over.
Ouch !

WOW, glad to hear you were ok..well minus the tooth in the lip...ouch!!

It was the west coast TT ride at forest hill. I went over on loop 5. I lost my balance and tried to save myself and the bike. I was the only thing that didn't go over the cliff. I supermanned about 10-15 ft down a hill straight into a tree putting my tooth thru my upper lip. The bike went all the way over.

Tooth went through his lip but still wouldnt puncture the tube! :banghead:

Bryan: Just curious, how exactly did this bike tumble off an 80ft cliff? :banghead::banghead:

One of our shop guys (Don Waffle) was ridding on a very narrow goat trail that snakes along side a canyon wall. We had just crossed a creek that flows through the bottom of a canyon and we began to climb along the canyon wall. At about 80ft above the creek Don lost is balance, paniced and locked up. The canyon wall on his right was straight up, so he couldn't bail that way. When he bailed, he jumped for a tree coming out of the face of the canyon wall. He fortunatley was able to stop himself by the tree, but the bike slide on its side for about 15-20 feet until the canyon wall became vertical and down it when. The bike landed squarely on the back week, crushed it and bounced across the other side of the creek. It took about 5 of use to drag the bike to the trail above. Don only injuries where his pride and a fat lip. The only damage to the bike outside of scratching was the back rim. It was amazing...

Bikedown.jpg

Now Bryan tell the truth. I told you guys that If I wasnt made president of TT with full access of FREE parts that somebody was gettin back slapped.

:banghead: Had to do it!

To quote a famous movie " gotta give somebody a rap on the beazer to get some respect around here"

:banghead: