Sign in to follow this  

What is this ?

I am doing a top end job on my 2003 YZ 250F right now. I turned the head upside down to see the amount of build up on the valves and apparently this little pin fell out. I found it about 30 mins after and did not know where / if it came out of the head. I looked at the online parts pictures at Yamaha Motors for over 45 mins trying to see where this goes. Besides some of the oil passageways, this will go nowhere else. Any help of this would be great.

pin9iz.jpg

Looks like an alignment dowel for block and head gasket, then head sets on. Don't know just an idea. :banghead:

Arrrrggg tell you dad those things fall out when you don't change the oil after 2 months then you loose the engine!!!!!!!

No seriously I'd pull out the manual and go through the top end disassembly pic by pic and try to figure it out. Other than a dowel pin i have no idea what i could be out of the top end.

I don't remember seeing anything like that in or around the head on ours. It looks most like the pin that drives the rotor on the oil pump shaft, if it had to come from your bike at all. You say you're not certain that it even came from your head, right?

I don't remember seeing anything like that in or around the head on ours. It looks most like the pin that drives the rotor on the oil pump shaft, if it had to come from your bike at all. You say you're not certain that it even came from your head, right?

No, I dont even think it was ouf of the head, because when I found it, it looked like it had been on the ground for a while; dusty, had dark oil on it.

No, I dont even think it was ouf of the head, because when I found it, it looked like it had been on the ground for a while; dusty, had dark oil on it.

man it must be a hoot at your place come tune up time.

Hey Johnnie whats that sticking up out of the ground over there? I dunno, wow it looks like one of the spark plugs that goes in the truck?!?! Dang Johnnie we better put it back in then. Hmmm what gives? Theres already 8 plugs in it, where we supposed to put that one at?

:banghead:

man it must be a hoot at your place come tune up time.

Hey Johnnie whats that sticking up out of the ground over there? I dunno, wow it looks like one of the spark plugs that goes in the truck?!?! Dang Johnnie we better put it back in then. Hmmm what gives? Theres already 8 plugs in it, where we supposed to put that one at?

:banghead:

:banghead::busted::busted::busted::busted::crazy::crazy:🤣🤣🤣:busted:

You crack me up YZ250F_Rider!