Lighting Upgrade

Well, my headlamp upgrade is nearly complete. Some quick history -- I had an HID kit installed in the stock reflector, but was never really happy with the lighting pattern. Put on some small driving lights but they drained the battery. So I threw down 200 bucks on ebay for a headlamp from an 05 Nissan Maxima and ripped out the projector, ballast, etc.

Picked up a sheet of aluminum and bent a crude bracket that attaches to the stock mounting brackets, and glued in part of the projector mounting ring with some JB Weld. The Maxima light came with a small projector fog light that I have yet to install, so it looks a bit ghetto.

I ran a seperate wire from the battery to power the ballast, but in retrospect I could have used the stock wiring and a diode to insure that the ballast stays powered when the high beam is switched on.

The lighting output is amazing -- it lights the road in an even 180 degree swath, and the low beam range is roughly twice that of stock. The projector is bi-xenon, so there is a solenoid which moves a shield inside to throw the light further. I'll get a picture of the beam at night as soon as it stops raining.

my.php?image=imgp07996vt.jpg

For more info on HID projectors, check out HID Planet Forums

Also, I am selling my stock headlight and the HID kit I had in there, PM me if you want it.

DT- your link is telling me i need to sign in to see your pics.

lately i've been thinking i need to adjust my headlight or something. it's been dark in the mornings on my way to work now for a while and even with my high beams on a clear morning my lights seem to fall short.

Where did the lights come from? I have been checking into this as well. I think replacing the stock is the best option due to lack of watts from the generator. Speaking of which do you know how many watts they are?

Thanks