Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha PW50 questions

I am looking at PW50's for my kids. Have come across a guy with two.

1997 that has the second size oversize piston in it for $700 OBO

2004 that is all stock didnt say a price yet.

Has a set of training wheels that can go with either bike, manual, some spare tires.

They both look to be in very good condition.

How many overbore sizes can a PW50 take? What are reasonable prices for these bikes? Anything special to look for on them?

How many overbore sizes can a PW50 take? What are reasonable prices for these bikes? Anything special to look for on them?

>>What are reasonable prices for these bikes?

We sold our 2005 at the beginning of the year for around $850.

>>Anything special to look for on them?

These are not jumping bikes like the KTM 50cc bikes. They'll take some abuse but if you get someone who has been jumping hard on these bikes you could see a cracked frame or a frame that is bent/tweaked up by the steering column.

Good luck!

Considering a new 06 retail price is right around $1100 I am not sure the 97 model is a very good deal since it is already using an oversized piston. Yamaha has 3 different oversized pistons for that lil bike. Usually somebody will just clean the bore and slap the next bigger piston in. For recreational riding the pistons will last a long time. There are plenty of hop ups for these bikes as your kid progresses. Just my .02

These things hold their value well. If you have more than one kid, I'd probably just buy a new one as well.

If the training wheels are the type that mount on the rear, they're junk. The only type to use mount under the footpegs with pneumatic tires.