Sign in to follow this  

Gold Unabikers Installd

Almost that is...🤣

Will update with pics later.... check back for bling🤣

After installing the guards without a hitch a buddy and I went to work to replace the pieces in the order that they came off. We soon learned that this is the wrong way to do it! in this case. To get the shroud holes to line up with base of the rad guard hole without streching the plastic shroud near the top we eventually figured that the shroud would have to go on before securing the tank & seat etc... Using a rubber mallet (a.k.a. my hand 🤣 ) on the gas tank we were able line up the holes so everything fit. When securing the gas tank back to the frame I then managed to overtighten and break the head of the bolt off. :busted: ...newbie...

Oh well :banghead: lesson learned. I managed to turn the broken bolt out with my finger and I'll will pick one up after work and get on finishing the job.

This bike is so nice to work on! Everything is well put together and breeze to tackle. For all others out there hesitant get on it! :banghead:

Looks good :banghead:

How close a match is the gold of the guard when compared to the gold of the forks?

:banghead:

Dude, Clean your freaking garage 🤣🤣

lol, i justed moved mkay, a little slow out of the gate but it will get done... i swear :banghead:

the gold on the guard is quite a bit richer than the forks. At first I didn't know what to think but overall it brings the forks out because it is such a dull gold on the forks to begin with.

Now all i have to do it make my rims the same colour :banghead:

Nice color choice! They look really good on your bike. Unabiker guards are at the top on my must do list.

thanks guys!

yah i almost want to ride with no shrouds to show them off but i fear that is a bit much, jk

Thinking about putting the gold ones on my black 400sm. . . think that would be some really nice bling bling on the all black background.

Looks pretty good. I have been thinking about them too, but I think I'll go black or red on my yellow SM. Probably black.

Looks pretty good. I have been thinking about them too, but I think I'll go black or red on my yellow SM. Probably black.

I recently installed black ones on my K model. Looks really good behind the yellow plastic.

those guards have saved my raidators so many times over its not even funny...

The gold ones on your sm look sweet. Now take off those goofy fender reflectors.

Well I dumped my bike tonight. Front end washed out turning through a flood washed intersection. There was some gravel and dirt in the middle of the intersection and down she went. I was suprised. The rad plastic doesn't even touch the ground when the bike is laying on its side. So I was lucky and didn't need the gaurds this time. But I better get them quick.