yz 250 2-stroke or yz 450f for fmx??? help

i am currently riding a 1995 kx250 i have been on a yz250f but found it didnt have quite as much go as i want.

dont know wether to get a 2005 yz250 2stroke or a 2005 yz450f. the 450 is only 4kg heavier so that shouldnt be a problem would it??

i like all kinds of trail and enduro but also like freestyle mx. is the 450 good for fmx?? please help

Yeah 2 smoke is defiantly the way to go for FMX especially if your going to do flips, don't gotta worry about oil leaving your engine.

You know I never thought about it but that is a good point. Regardless, the additional weight and need to wind up quick, I would think the 2-Stroke would be the best choice. You could always ask the question this way. - How many current FMX riders are riding 4-Strokes? :banghead:

i've checked out the weights and the 450 is only 4 or 5 kg heavier. other than that would the yz450f be a good bike to jump?

Wieght is an advantage of the 2 stroke, but not the real main reason I would say.

What happens if you chop the throttle on a 4 stroke when jumping...yea, not pretty.

Well when you take your hands off the handlebars to do a FMX trick, well its letting off the gas, and trust me, don't do it on a thumper unless you want to land a front flip.

a 450 is a motocross bike so it is going to handle jumps awsome

but i would reccomend the 2-stroke for what you are doing

I think you will like the power of the 450, but you will soon find out it is more fun to ride a two stroke,

GO FOR THE SMOKER~~!