Filthy Pup at Hannegan

I heard the comp committee will not be counting the points for this race. Something about not meeting the requirements for rescheduling the event. Anyway thats the rumor I'm passing along. :banghead:

you are correct. I just heard the same directly from one of the comp commitee members.

It will be a shame if they don't give those of us who spent the money to go to this race points for it. It says right in the NMA schedule that this was an off road points race.

Points were pulled because MBMC did not give the proper notice when they rescheduled the event 2 weeks ago (according to NMA rules). There were dozens of people calling the comp committe saying that they didn't know about the event and this was 2 days before the event. Hell, I didn't even know about it until last week and the only reason why I knew was because I have internet access. There are a ton of people who don't have internet so they would not be able to find out about the event. Points can't be awarded to the people that went because that would not be fair to the people that didn't go who are also in it for the points. If you want to blame anybody, blame MBMC for not following the NMA rules.

That is correct, MBMC informed us of the actual date 27 days before the event was to be held. In the rule book, it says clubs must notify the NMA comp committee (myself or one of the other members) and mail out fliers at least 30 days before the event.

Cowbell did fall within those guidelines, and will be a points event. (as of right now)

Wish I could say you guys missed a great race but really...

You didn't.

The MBMC folks were freindly and a are GREAT bunch of folks and as usually they did their best, but unfortunately, the geography of their facility and the weather conspired against them.

Here's my abbreviated report:

Filthy Pup 2005

Hannegan Speedway

Class: Vet A - long course

2hrs - 24.5 miles - 90% 1st gear.

I was asleep @ the wheel and DFL off the line. Passed everyone in my wave (only about 10-15 guys) the on the MX track and was first into the woods and led my wave for the 1st lap and a half. Got passed @ a bottleneck behind a couple guys stuck in an axle deep rut. I finally got thru and hit a tree then crashed twice trying to catch back up. I didn't, so I finished 2nd in class. Not sure where I finished overall.

I had a great time and got REALLY muddy.

Thank you MBMC. You did a great job under the circumstances and continue to be an inspiration for MC clubs everywhere.

-Tyler

I agree with you WMRRA 13. I got lucky and holeshot the B Open wave, goggles stayed clean for half a lap until I caught the wave in front of me! Them big KTM's sure can throw a good roost. The points deal kind of stinks, but it's about getting out and having fun in the end. I learned a lot and will be better prepared for the next mud race and the White Knuckle!

That is correct, MBMC informed us of the actual date 27 days before the event was to be held. In the rule book, it says clubs must notify the NMA comp committee (myself or one of the other members) and mail out fliers at least 30 days before the event.

Cowbell did fall within those guidelines, and will be a points event. (as of right now)

I have not received a flier for the Cowbell yet. Anyone else?