Sign in to follow this  

Parting out on E-BAY????????

I have an 02 CRF450 and it is in very good condition. Have any of you guys parted out a bike on E-BAY? If so how much did you get verses being sold outright?

You'll have to completely disassemble the bike, photograph every part you're gonna sell, type up a listing for each part, place the listing on Ebay, pay the Ebay seller's fee on every part sold, package each piece sold, and drop them off to be delivered.

Seems to me like to would have to make A LOT of extra money parting the bike out to make it worth all of the extra hassle and time you'll spend as opposed to simply placing an ad, showing the bike to people, and selling it. One transaction and you're done.

Maybe if the bike had a blown engine or bent forks, or some major defect that would severely knock down the value it would be worth parting it out. but it doesn't seem worthwhile to part out a perfectly good bike?

Just my 02 cents - I've never parted one out so you can take what I say how ever you want.

I agree with 450 MOTARD.

It would take a lot of extra time & energy to do it. I would rather sell it whole for a couple less bucks and no hassle with shipping, pictures, and listings. With 3 kids I have very little spare time and value it highly.

Ive seen guys get about 6 grand for a $2200 motorcycle after they've parted the thing out.

There are guys out there actually buying $2200-$2800 motorcycles and parting them out and making good money doing it...

I've parted out 2 CRF450's, an 04 and an 05. I kept the motor, carb, electronics and linkage and sold the rest. I got $3400 for the 04 and $3500 for the 05 bike. These were brand new bikes too, never ridden, bought them, immediately brought home, stripped down and sold on ebay.

There are guys making over 100G's per year just buying perfectly good bikes and parting them out on Ebay. It is the thing to do, but you should have some good feedback history before you dive in.