Sign in to follow this  

auto clutch? Rekluse, Revloc or ???

I have a rekluse and love it. Sorry but that is about all I can add to your thread, I have no experience with anyother ones but it. FWIW, they (rekluse) also make a killer left hand rear brake setup :banghead:

Rekluse all the way. I can't say theirs is better than the others, but it is every bit as good, and half the price. Also much easier to install, and the customer support from the guys at Rekluse is excellent.

The auto clutch will make you grin all day long, especially when the trail gets nasty. You won't believe the difference it can make in your riding.

I like how my rekluse works on my 200. I haven't had any problems with it and it receives a lot of abuse.

I've yet to meet anyone with a revlok so can't comment on it, but that's a comment in itself. and I don't know of any other manufactures.

a good friend of mine has the rekluse on his 250X and really likes it. never any problems that I am aware.

I haven't heard of any other mfgs so I can't add much other than the Rekluse is a great product w/ great support from guys that really ride.

They've earned my respect and get my business.

-Tyler

The only bad thing I have heard is Shotgun Scott's clutch melted down during the 6 hr race a few weeks back.

Now, I do not know if it is correlated w/rekluse or not, but ShotgunScott should be able to tell.

Other than that, without having one myself, I have heard good things about having one - no left arm pump, etc...

mx813

My Rekluse was a used unit when I bought it and its performed flawlessly from day one. I don't flog my bike as hard as some, and don't ride as often as some, but its a pretty simple mechanism, so not much to break.

Regarding Rekluse vs the competition, the only thing I remember when I was researching them is that, at the time, a year or so ago, for the Rekluse, its pretty much a plug and play. Remove your clutch, slap the Rekluse in there, adjust it. Button it up. Try it out. If it needs adjustment, case comes off, adjust, button up, test again. They do give you some pretty good specs for setting the gap to get the initial bite to where you want it. With mine, I set it once and that was that.

Rekluse new was half the price of the Revloc back then, and the Rekluse can be put back to stock easily by just taking the Rekluse out and throwing your stock clutch parts back in.

If I remember correctly, the Revlock required a modification to your clutch basket that they did. Might have been a core charge, or you could buy a basket from them. So, going back to stock is not as easy, and may involve $.

You might want to check out Revlock's website for specifics on all that.

http://www.revloc.com/

I haven't heard a single bad thing about either brand as far as reliability. And both companies seem to do a good job with thier customer support. I had to call Rekluse when I was installing mine and they were great. Have heard the same thing about Revloc.

Shotgun Scott's clutch woes were not the fault of the Rekluse. Let's just say, if the directions say to use loktite, then USE IT!

(Sorry Scott...)

Thanks for the info oldbones... Scott doesn't mind the ribbin'

mx813

Go with the rekluse. Like the others said the product is awesome and the customer service is second to none. I called rekluse to inquire about a drive plate that I didn't receive with my auto clutch (which I purchased from www.rockymountainmc.com) and they sent one too me within a couple of days.

Shotgun Scott's clutch woes were not the fault of the Rekluse. Let's just say, if the directions say to use loktite, then USE IT!

(Sorry Scott...)

I did.

The first and third time I was into the clutch pak. :banghead:

I use the Rekluse and am happy but it's my understanding that the Revloc is a bit more durable. If you go to their site I think you can see why. But it cost twice as much and the Rekluse does the same job really well. There are many bikes that Rekluse does not make auto-clutches for but RevLoc does. Example: only Revloc makes an auto clutch for the KX500 and the KDX Kawasaki's. Oh yeah, there is one more autoclutch manufacturer called EMF.

The RevLoc clutch is indeed very durable, plus the RevLoc has proven to do a better job at harnessing the torque of big bore engines than the Rekluse. Incidentally, the RevLoc company has recently significantly reduced the price of their clutches. :banghead:

plus the RevLoc has proven to do a better job at harnessing the torque of big bore engines than the Rekluse. :banghead:

Just how did this get proven?

I have the Rekluse and I have never had issues with it "harnessing my torque'

Open throttle, Front wheel in air.

:banghead:

Eric

I have heard this claim about the Revloc being better for those same reasons, harnesses the power of the big bores better, and is suppossed to be more durable, but I've yet to hear from a single person with an example of either (besides the my cousin has a buddy who heard about this guy type examples...).

And likewise, I haven't heard from a single person that said their Reklus wasn't harnessing the power of the big bores, and wasn't durable. What I have heard has been to the contrary.

I have heard this claim about the Revloc being better for those same reasons, harnesses the power of the big bores better, and is suppossed to be more durable, but I've yet to hear from a single person with an example of either (besides the my cousin has a buddy who heard about this guy type examples...).

And likewise, I haven't heard from a single person that said their Reklus wasn't harnessing the power of the big bores, and wasn't durable. What I have heard has been to the contrary.

I don't want to be bashing Rekluse cause I like mine but my XR650R's torque does push the Rekluse to the limits and it does need adjustments more frequently than my other riding buddies on smaller bore bikes need for their Rekluse clutches. It's still a wonderful product and I am not unhappy that I bought it. I just have to tinker with the clearance settings more often than others do. I have heard from a couple Revloc owners that suggested this is not so with the Revloc. I wasn't willing to pay $500+ dollars more to find out. But just trying to be objective, when I look at pictures of the Revloc product it is obvioulsy a beefy quality product. Please don't read into this that I am bashing Rekluse cause I am not. They are great company to deal with.

I have been running Rekluse autoclutchs now for three years in my CRF 450. The thing just works so well it has become my all time favorite aftermarket modification. I've seen six or seven posts like this one where the question is being asked about Revloc EFM or Rekluse.It always ends up with the same results, the large majority of the people who reply say buy the Rekluse. There is a good reason why it always ends up this way. :banghead:

I can add to the big bore/power/customer relations part of rekluse. I have a klx400 (drz400) that I've had bored with a high cr piston, fully ported etc. Basically I took a 36-38hp bike and turned it into one with over 50hp. I was having issues with the rekluse not locking up in the higher gears but had not gotten around to calling rekluse about it. Al, the owner of rekluse, saw a post of mine on the drz forum and noticed that I had a bit of engine work done. He made the initial contact with me saying that the rekluse I have was designed for stock or nearly stock power and was I haveing any issues with it slipping. He also gave me his number and asked me to call him to discuss the options. Turns out they had made a change just after I bought mine to add some TC balls. They shipped me the 10 normally used for no cost, after some discussion I bought an additional 5. Then he suggested adding an internal spring not used in the drz and sent that along at no charge either. I can still make the clutch slip but it is only in the higher gears when I've really let it lug down, something that I never normally do. Otherwise it definately locks up.

As a company rekluse is second to none :banghead: As a product their auto clutch works great, an excellent product :banghead:🤣

Just how did this get proven?

I have the Rekluse and I have never had issues with it "harnessing my torque'

Open throttle, Front wheel in air.

Eric

This has been "proven" numerous times with strong running KTM (525 - 570's), Honda XR650's and especially Husaberg 650's. In fact Rekluse itself even acknowledges this "problem". I have put on over 12,000 troublefree miles on two big bore RevLoc equipped KTM's with no adjustments ever required.