Sign in to follow this  

06 YZ250F US Open

Brett Metcalfe killed it at the US Open in Las Vegas. He debuted the 06 YZ250F there. He was the only Yamaha in the race and won the light class. It was awesome to watch the only blue bike in the race triumph over a sea of angry red riders! There was some pretty aggressive riding going on. Kiniry even landed on his rear wheel in one of the heats and metcalfe was still able to pick it up and come from behind to still make the main.

It's nice to see him finally get on the podium after hammering around on the YZ125 last year!

What a great debut for the the new YZ.

BTW There was a big flat turn after the start and metcalfe was able to take the inside and even pass on that turn on a track that was very tight and had very few places to pass. It turns very well! I don't know what TWMX was talking about?

All factory bikes turn well, JoeJet. They get the best out there to make the bike do what it needs to.

yamaha259- u took the words right out of my mouth, obviously the bike has different suspension, triple clamps and everything else from stock already

Remember, metcalfe was racing the other factory bikes and turning and passing inside them! The YZ250F was obviously a great bike to start with!

Just because TWMX said it doesnt turn doesnt mean sht in my book, its only one guys opinion