Sign in to follow this  

Cr85 / Crf230 Suspension????

i know that the cr85 forks will fit the 150 but will they fit to the 230 just as easily. i tryed searching but couldnt find anything. thanks

they are probably to short for the 230

i personally would look at cr125 forks

not that they would be to short, but i dunno if they could hold the weight, but if u do look into cr125 forks tell me how they work out as i would like new suspension on the front too

how will they be too short they are bigger then the 230 forks.

they have over 1 more inch of travel then the stock 230 forks

not that they would be to short, but i dunno if they could hold the weight, but if u do look into cr125 forks tell me how they work out as i would like new suspension on the front too

You would have to put in stiffer springs.

of course you have to put stiffer springs in you have to put stiffer springs in the 150 as well to use the cr85 forks and rear shock...i think that they would work on the 230

ME personally i dont think it would work. MY tire is real close when i bottom and i have a 19" tire. And they have more travle than the 230 cause they are designed for the 16" and 19" tires for the CR80/85 BW and SW. And your putting a 21" wheel on it. I think it would hit. YOu might want to email Reger Engineering and find out. I really dont know what to tell u. And you would need some heavy springs for them and i dont know where u could get real heavy ones. THe BBR ones are perfect for the 150 but you still need to revalve them( I didnt but kind of need to since im a faster rider) And they would be waaaaaay to soft on the 230. So if i was u, i would email them and ask, Cause they got a kit for the 230. Sry dude, i tryed. lol

ME personally i dont think it would work. MY tire is real close when i bottom and i have a 19" tire. And they have more travle than the 230 cause they are designed for the 16" and 19" tires for the CR80/85 BW and SW. And your putting a 21" wheel on it. I think it would hit. YOu might want to email Reger Engineering and find out. I really dont know what to tell u. And you would need some heavy springs for them and i dont know where u could get real heavy ones. THe BBR ones are perfect for the 150 but you still need to revalve them( I didnt but kind of need to since im a faster rider) And they would be waaaaaay to soft on the 230. So if i was u, i would email them and ask, Cause they got a kit for the 230. Sry dude, i tryed. lol

Good point. I think it would hit too. It would probably be easier to try CR125 suspension.

i was going to put the 19in rim on anyway. the 21 is way to big for riding mx. if i put the springs in and then a heavier oil in it might work. if reger can do it so can i. lol

The Reger Suspension CR85 front fork adapter (& rear shock also) is listed for both the CRF150F and the CRF230F, they do not indicate any special modifications for either model other than a front axle & front brake adapter and a fork stop (that comes with the kit)

REGER ENGINEERING FORK KIT

They mention that fork valving and springs need to be changed to fit the heavier bike. I know several people on the list have done the conversion on the CRF150F, have not seen a CRF230F yet. Most of the frame parts are interchangeable, so it would seem to be somewhat uncomplicated. The CR85 fork legs are a bit longer, so any adjustments for ride height should be easy as well.

The standard battery box for the CRF230F will fit right on the CRF150F, if anyone is contemplating adding a night-time lighting system. I have heard rumors of conversions of CRF230F's to CRF150F 16" & 19" wheels also.

Lazyracer

Crestline, CA 92325

2003 CRF150F

2004 CRF230F

2005 DRZ400S

since they are the same frame (150 and 230) the forks will bolt right up. im pretty sure that if i use the 19in rim and get the forks revalved for the heavier bike i will see just as good performance as i would on a 150