Sign in to follow this  

out with the 2 stroke, in with the 4...

I too am newly converted to the 450 from a yz250 and am also new to Thumper Talk. I have ridden my 450 a few times and am stoked on the change . :banghead: I miss the light feeling and the maintenance that I was once used to but I am getting the hang of the ne ride slowly. I like the additional torque and power the 450 has to offer. Clearing jumps are much easier since I am a bigger rider.

I just ordered the fuel bottles from BillyWho but I am still a little confused on which fluids to use. My friend swares by Mobile One but what about the Honda oils in the red bottles? What about the other fluids? NOt used to having to change 2 and am a little confused. Help please!! :banghead:

you cant go wrong with the honda oils- gn4, hp4, hp4m, for the motor side. Some run rotella t, delo 400, mobil one, for the motor side. As for the tranny side most people use the honda tranny oil in the red bottle. You can use motor oil in the tranny side but you cant use tranny oil in the motor side. If you choose to use motor oil in the tranny make sure it doesnt have moly