Sign in to follow this  

Cycra Pro Billit and the 450x

Anyone put the cycra handgaurds on with the triple clamp mount on their x. It seems tha mount covers the headlamp hole and i was wondering what to do with this

I put the fastway handguards on mine with the tripple clamp mount and I don't remember having any problems with the headlamp. Not quite sure what your referring to as the "headlamp hole". Can you be more specific, or give us a picture?

I've got them.

Apparently, I heard that they are now making mounts with a recess in them to allow for the headlight tab. You might want to give them a call and ask.

But I just have the regular side mounts and I zip-tied the headlight on(rather than grinding and possibly sacrificing strength). It may change the light angle slightly...but I like how it is aimed like this.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=9002

Notice I used one stock bolt and one longer bolt that I bought...its a little experiment...we'll see which one breaks first(if any)

i will try this. I like the triple clamp mount much better then the other ones. Do you pick up much vibration? Lower the light will be a plus also, the damn thing is too high even after adjusting the screw

g.l.o.

Vibration in the handlebars? That a good point, I never thought about that...so I guess I didn't notice too much, but one would assume that they make them stiffer.

I swear the headlight is mounted as firmly as it was with bolts tho...no play at all if you use a pliers to cinch up the ties.

3 of my friends have the aceribis hand gaurds and they vibrate like crazy. I have pro tapers because i hate vibration and i am a little concerned about these picking up vibes from the stering stem and sending through the bike

I have Pro Tapers with top tree mounted on my "X". I ground the brackets slightly to clear, don't like the lack of handle bar flex and will be going back to bar type mounts. Loved the extra clearance for cables and such.